Customer reviews

on 21 October 2010
My 3 year old loved this book initially and wanted to read it every night. the images are fabulous and reminsicent of Cath Kidston/ retro Liberty prints. They vary in difficulty and it was interesting to see which ones my daughter found hard to find compared with the ones I found difficult - there was quite a mismatch.
It works on the same principle as where's wally but it is infintely more desirable!
Whilst we must have read this book 10-15 times, the novelty has worn off since we know where to look now and it means we turn the pages ever so quickly. It would make a great computer game if the images changed regularly.
Our favourite page is the last where you have to work out which creature is missing. We never rememeber so we spend time looking for all the creatures each time.

I recommend this book thoroughly but I have not scored it highly since, unlike many of my favourite children's books, this is not one to be read again and again since once you have found the creatures, they are easy to find again.

Perhaps I should put it away for a bit and get it out again in 6 months?

However, IT would be an investment buy for a school or a library.
on 23 February 2015
This book sounded intriguing and a different concept to share with my 2 year old, but I was very disappointed when it arrived. The patterns are highly-stylised graphics and the hidden creatures are just too abstract - this would be a book where the child would simply need to focus on remembering the thing to spot, rather than a book to stimulate discussion and exploration.
This is also the third book I have returned to Amazon lately that is in American English - I may be a bit of a pedant, but words such as 'ladybug' and 'soccer' send shivers down my spine! I do wish Amazon would have a 'look inside' option for more books, or indicate clearly that it is American rather than British English, as it is very frustrating and, in my opinion, renders the book wholly unsuitable.
on 3 January 2010
This book was such an unexpected little gem. Its not your typical kids book, it has lovely graphic patterns rather than cartoon like pictures. The little creatures are very subtly hidden and its really fun trying to find them. For example, each little senario is spread over 2 pages (double page). On the left hand page it says "Find the owl who needs her glasses..." and then the right hand page contains the graphics.

My 22 month old finds it hard to find some of them, but I think the book is probably aimed at slightly older children. I could see children of varied ages really enjoying this book. My son absolutely loves looking at the colours and patterns and I must admit, so do I! The edges of the book are rounded which is something a bit different (and less likely to poke you in the eye)! I will definately buy more copies of this book to use as gifts. Just hope more people discover this lovely book and enjoy it as much as we do!!
on 11 February 2010
This is a stylish book, great for trendy,arty or design orientated parents. Each page is beautiful ans actually really hard to stop. Parents apreciate the design and kids enjoy it, 3 years up as quite a challenge to find. I bought 3 of these to give as gifts as couldn't part with the first one I bought!
on 19 December 2011
Great book for toddlers who like to find things in the pictures. The sequel "Spot it again" is even better!
on 3 October 2016
Brilliant and absolutely lovely book! As previous reviewer said can get rather repetitive after a while as soon as they realise where everything is, but enjoyable all the same! Would strongly recommend, and may even purchase other copies in the future as gifts!
on 30 August 2010
beautifully illustrated and helpful for children to begin to learn about emotions, as well as simple fun for children and adults. my two year old daughter loves this book and will happily look through it by herself.
on 15 January 2012
Daughter loves this. At 4, she knew where everything was after the first time of reading the book, but she loves turning the page and finding the animal as quick as she can now.
on 19 December 2013
My two year old can spot all the animals, she loves it, I particularly love the artsy feel of the book and the rounded corners, it has great paper too, a brilliant gift.
on 26 November 2012
My 2yr old niece and i had fun looking for all the animals, and then turned it into a who could find them first. Lovly idea for a book. Beautiful illustrations too.