Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 June 2011
I bought this book for my young niece who has had her share of nightmares,
she loves this book, she loves the idea of a Dreamcatcher and currently we
are getting the pieces together to make one of our own! The instructions to
make your own Dreamcatcher as included in the book are a great idea and once
we have all the bits we'll be off!! This is a book I would definitely recommend!
on 21 June 1999
This is a lovely story that moves with love and caring for family as well as a study for children to get to know the history of the indians. Good for all ages.
on 17 February 2016
A lovely book that I bought for MY granddaughter. I also got her a authentic dream-catcher to go with it and we have enjoyed reading the lovely story, which explains this charming tradition. Would highly recommend both book and seller.
on 1 November 1998
This is a charming and sweet story! I love the way that the girl is so interested in her grandmother's teachings. The book is so moving. How many families do you know that really make so much time to spend with their families? I truly appreciate the focus on the relationship that the girl and her grandmother share. Grandmother's Dreamcatcher is sincerely a great book all about family and the basis of love. I highly reccomend it.
on 7 July 1999
This is a beautiful story that adults and children would like. Easy to understand through warm messages of love of family. A timeless story.
on 10 November 1998
This is a superb children's story. I have read it to numerous elementary classes and have received warm responses. Children love the illustrations and the story of a little girl overcoming her nightmares and her homesickness while visiting her grandmother. They immediately grasp the story's message of family love, comfort, and support. We've had discussions ranging from recognizing and relating to Kim's fears and nightmares to recalling other Native American traditions.
Teachers will appreciate this as a great addition to any Native American culture and/or family relationship curriculum. Families will appreciate it for the message of love and comfort.
The warm illustrations and the directions for constructing a dreamcatcher make this a wonderful addition to any school or family library.
on 1 July 2014
I thought this would be a very different type of book for the wee lassie. It was well received by her father, along with another reguarding the Native American's way of life.
on 27 January 2013
Bought to accompany the dream catchers I bought as Christmas presents for my freinds two girls ages 4 and 6. They really enjoyed it.
on 18 April 2016
A nice wee story about a child who has bad dreams. Her Grandmother tells her a story as they make a dreamcatcher. There are also instructions of how to make one.
on 5 February 2015
A beautiful book which inspired my class to make dream catchers and produce some excellent writing