on 13 May 2015
Fascinating. Beautifully written. A joy to read; interspersing literary and poetic quotes with cutting edge scientific insight. An unusual mix. Also written in a way that Helps us to really comprehend the powers that sway us when in love. What more could you ask for on the subject!
on 22 November 2017
Wife likes it.
on 14 May 2015
Its a great educational book about the idea of love. It has helped understand why and how human beings fall in love. Most importantly, it has taught me how we can regulate our feelings and strong emotions of love.
on 11 March 2010
Flawed due to some contradictory and often vague commentary on hormones. But worthy of 5 stars as its balances sweetness and reverence for Love with a scientific approach. Ms Fisher has clearly been in Love but is also able to stand outside of it.
Her theories ticked every box in relation to my personal experience. A warm and thoughtful read that will give you a grip on the most powerful effect in your life.
on 14 May 2016
The print is tiny and it's just not that enlightening.
on 28 May 2011
This was a really enjoyable read. It describes brain chemistry and some fascinating research projects, interspersed with some of the most moving poetry written in human existence.

A perfect girlie read with depth as well for anyone who is interested in why we love.
on 6 February 2013
This book has some good things to say about why we stay in love relationships, when we think we are falling in love it is often about something in our past. I felt I was at a lecture with someone who is very good at their subject but I am not sure I understood everything I read.
on 29 March 2004
I have been reading 'Why we love'. I was skeptical at the beginning, but I later I liked it, although sometimes it tends to downplay the differences between men and women or just to be too politically correct. Pinker and Dawkins are not in the bibliography, while they probably should. I did not like the inserts of poetry, but one can easily skip them. Its approach is 'soft', but fair.
on 6 January 2007
this book offer what i would like to believe as the molecular biology of love and its derivatives
on 21 October 2011
It took 3 weeks before the book arrived, but it came in a very good condition. Considering the price, it was worth waiting for.