on 15 June 2012
The book is amazing! At first I will admit that I didn't understand a lot of it, especially the description of voids, the Zen, Tao and so on. So I kind of skimmed over a lot of it, but I'm getting into my second read. Of course he does mention at the start to 'empty your cup' so you can taste his cup of tea, admittedly it took me a while to taste it because I didn't know if I was tasting tea or coffee?! All metaphorically of course, but once understood and getting yourself into that state of mind you can truly appreciate his teachings.

I've learnt more about myself than ever before as he said "All types of knowledge ultimately means self-knowledge" and I couldn't explain it in this review to help you understand what that means, you have to read the book. It's like an inside joke that you have to be 'there' to understand it. Not only that but I'm a much happier person for it, having no idea that I knew nothing about myself and thinking 'well I am me, so what is there I don't know'? Bruce makes you question yourself and asks you certain things you never thought of before. My review being long enough already I'm not going to quote his quotes, but all I can say is if you see Bruce Lee as a somewhat 'idol' in whatever form then you should definitely read his philosophical teachings.

Also when I first bought the book I thought the writing was going to be straight forward like any other book but it's actually written down in direct quotes, to which he takes you on different steps towards learning yourself and everything around you.
on 23 January 2015
Split into sections for different areas of life.

Does not seek to have you believe anything. It is not a religious manual for life and does not want to be or pretend to be.

Some things I don't understand, but given time maybe I will appreciate the thought. This is a collection of views, stemming from a man who engaged fully with life and died far too young. Was he perfect? No. Did he have all the answers? No.

Did he seek out knowledge and frame his thoughts, based on other teachings, into accessible writings that can make you pause and if you wish dwell on and learn from? Yes he did.
on 12 February 2017
A wonderful book containing a very though-provoking and insightful collection of Bruce's musings.

This book contains true wisdom and is something I would recommend anybody to read. Bruce Lee's teachings cover such a vast area of subjects, and they are just as relevant today as they were back then. No matter who the person or what situation they are in, I'm certain everybody could learn and take something away from this book.

Instead of reading it back to front in one go, I find its best to slowly work my way through the pages, stopping to really try and understand Bruce's messages. By approaching the book in this way I have taken some enlightening and profound messages from it.
on 3 March 2017
Bruce Lee's personal philosophy draws from his study of both Western and Eastern philosophies. This book is a compilation of Bruce's wisdom, presented in aphorisms which are pithy and profound. Bruce can say in a few words what others might take whole chapters to expound.
on 14 April 2012
A Fantastic wake up call to those of us that are looking for inspiration, in what we lost as kids and with life ups and downs, we forget the basic's in life's journey sometimes and need a good reminder/hence its really a great read.
Bruce reminds us all what is essential and what is not, but we have to make up our own minds to what is and what is not important to us as individuals.
Intelligent words of Wisdom. :o)
on 10 January 2016
This book outlines bruce Lee's philosophy on life. If you're like me (on a journey to function in a world better by having a more in depth view of the world) this book will benefit you. It discusses life's many puzzles, also is describes philosophical theories which bruce less gives his opinions on. Although he gives his opinions he doesn't try to force your opinion in any direction. He insists that he has no answers for us and that the only truth we should take from the situation is our own, through intense deliberation. It is a very interesting read and you will learn much from reading it.
on 28 October 2016
this arrived in great time and although i havent inspected it it looks to be all there and in good order
on 16 May 2014
This is a sizeable book with lots of short quotes from the great man. His wisdom was remarkable and though one doesn't agree with everything it really packs a kick with a lot of original ideas.
on 2 January 2013
Read it and then pass it on, what a world it would be it we could all ingest these words and then apply them.
on 17 January 2016
I don't agree with everything but a good collection of points. great approaches to different aspects of life