on 8 April 2016
Fantastic
on 25 August 2008
Odd one this. I've read a few ERB books and almost the first half of this is a series of wartime encounters involving a U boat! The bit I was looking forward to came later, and seemed a bit rushed and little simplified. Hordes of dinosaurs but the author gets fed up with going into detail about them. The landscape is good though the scale of it is hard to believe if it is a lost world, and the stratification of the cavemen is fascinating though doesn't get explained in this book. I will read the two follow ups eagerly though, at least to try and solve the mysteries left by this one.
on 21 December 2014
It is 60 years since I first read the Land that Time forgot and I got as much pleasure reading it on my new Kindle than I did the first time.
on 11 May 2015
Intriguing yarn. I saw a modern film version some time ago but the original narrative is so much better, if somewhat far fetched. That is what a tale is all about. Bought some more by the same author, 19th century fantasy.
on 9 September 2016
It must be over 50 years since I read this and tastes change. Read other ERB in the last year or two and while this isn't his best it's still a decent if dated story.
on 27 September 2016
I hadn't read Edgar Rice Burroughs before, I was pleasantly surprised, a real old fashioned adventure story.
on 18 July 2014
Old time classic which was easy to read... much better than the 60s film.. but I still like that.
on 17 August 2015
Not the authors best,but infinitely readable.
on 24 January 2015
A brilliant classic and a gd read
on 31 May 2015