on 23 February 2014
If you never read another book, you have to read this one. I am not a fan of reading but I am so glad I opened this book. It has totally changed the way I view my marriage and all other relationships. Basically, unless you live on a desert island, you are going to receive significant help and revelation from this book.

And while virtually everyone you meet has a book they think you should read or a magic pill they think you should try - this author explains things that are so simple and yet without our understanding of them our lives are so incredibly complicated and we so often are offended or hurt by others.

You need to know what these 5 love languages are and you need to understand what it looks like to act on them or understand other human beings. And while this focuses on marriage, I'd recommend any human, to read it. The cross over is huge.
on 16 February 2013
This book came highly recommended by a friend and I ordered it as a present for someone else.

I haven't read it yet so I can't comment on the book, but the recipient is very pleased with it and I was very happy with Amazon's reasonable prices and delivery, as usual.
on 7 September 2013
Gary Chapman's book should be regarded as the bible for all loving couples. I'm not really into huge amounts of this type of "relationship schmizzle" but there is something fundamental in here that really does help you to love your partner in "the right way". In simple terms it helps you to recognise both yours and your partners "love language" so you can express your love in a more profound and fulfilling way. Establishing that your partners love is based more on "physical touch" than "gifts" could explain why there's an uncomfortable silence when your "this'll make her love me" gift falls flat.

I liked it, understood it and now stress less about Christmas and Birthdays and spend more time in close proximity on the sofa with my love interest.
on 4 February 2014
I have had and given away several copies of this book. Timeless and useful especially in a loving relationship. I tried talking my husband's love language and he did indeed speak mine back to me. Well worth the effort to revitalise your love and understanding.
on 17 April 2015
Reading this book has really changed the way I see my relationships with family and friends as well as my partner. It's simply written but sheds a whole new light on how to show love and appreciate other people's ways of showing you love. A must read!
on 18 September 2017
Very good
on 26 December 2016
Love this book - definitely a great read for anyone at any stage in life. Helps you understand yourself and your friends, family or partners. The book gives you lots of tips on how to put into practice what you read. Would recommend to everyone.
on 5 April 2014
This is a good, easy read with loads of examples. His basic idea is that we receive and offer love in 5 different ways, so that two people can be in a relationship, both be offering love in the way that they want to be loved, and neither is feeling loved. By learning our own love languages, and those of our partner, children or friends, we can improve our relationships. The basic ideas have proved very helpful both in my own life and also as a therapist helping my clients. Of course it is not quite that simple. Some people have real problems with the idea that they are lovable, and have problems receiving and offering love. But for many people who do not have that issue that ideas can be put into practise and can help improve relationships.
on 1 April 2014
This book was everything I expected. Be prepared to take some risks and action some of the suggestions but even if you don't it's a great starting point for understanding tensions in friendships and relationships
on 7 December 2012
I strongly recommend this product for singles who hope to get married one day; to couples who are engaged on their way to getting married; to the newly weds, and also to those who have been married for 50 plus years! I've seen so many marriages, including that of my parents, where the love seems to be gone. I am desperate to never let that happen to me. This book helps you understand how something as simple, can cause dier a problem in a marriage. It also shows how understanding the basic 5 love languages, can help save a marriage. Understanding the love languages can save any marriage, and can make others be prepared for it, so that the love isn't lost. I think everyone should read it, as it will enlighted and change your life.