Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 March 2013
This book was recommended to me after my 13 year old daughter and I had reached our limits with each other and were no longer speaking. I thought we'd passed the point of no return but I have to say THIS BOOK WORKS! The gestures suggested in the book seemed so small that they couldn't possibly work but once you know the right language to speak with your teen, they speak back, without grunting and shouting and what do you know, , ,your love tanks fill up!!! Even if you don't have a difficult teen, read it anyway as this will give you a valuable insight into other people too. Anyway, I've been working according to this book and this week was the first week my daughter and I had NO conflicts at all. She even turned down going out with friends to spend time with me! Definately a book I'll be hanging on to, especially as I have another daughter about to reach her teens too!
on 17 April 2012
Having read the 5 Love languages for children several years ago and found it helpful, I thought I'd try the teenager one now that the kids are older. Some very useful advice and tips. Easy to read and you don't need to have read any of his other books. My kids liked the questionnaire at the back of the book to determine which 'love languages' they speak! Has inspired my husband to find out what his language by using the Love Language website.
on 21 January 2014
very good book am using it to help understand my 13 yr old grandson who I am bring up. well presented
on 27 March 2016
Both of my sons are teens and I have found the guidance in this book is invaluable. I consider myself to be an ok parent but am still willing to learn and progress with my sons. This book has offered so many ideas and opened my eyes to where I may have gone wrong. It's never to late to put it right. Praying the stability in these important years will nurture them into strong, secure and happy men and considerate fathers to their own children.
on 7 July 2013
My wife and I read the original and we live by it. Gave this as a gift to my sister.
on 5 July 2013
Very insightful. Is American in language but still very useful so recommend for anyone with a teenager. His other books on relationships are also very good
on 15 July 2013
If you have teenagers the content and help in this book is invaluable I have applied one or two of the principles and found a massive change in relatively short time.
on 10 April 2013
Already read the one for singles, this was a good eye opener for how the love languages can be reflected in a teenagers behaviour
on 30 October 2014
Don't know how anyone would parent a child without the love languages....this book shows you it is never too late to start
on 31 May 2015
Good practical advise ....my wife has enjoyed - she shared with our teenage girl