on 9 March 2013
This book was recommended to me after my 13 year old daughter and I had reached our limits with each other and were no longer speaking. I thought we'd passed the point of no return but I have to say THIS BOOK WORKS! The gestures suggested in the book seemed so small that they couldn't possibly work but once you know the right language to speak with your teen, they speak back, without grunting and shouting and what do you know, , ,your love tanks fill up!!! Even if you don't have a difficult teen, read it anyway as this will give you a valuable insight into other people too. Anyway, I've been working according to this book and this week was the first week my daughter and I had NO conflicts at all. She even turned down going out with friends to spend time with me! Definately a book I'll be hanging on to, especially as I have another daughter about to reach her teens too!
on 7 May 2017
Do not read if you are offended by sexism, or bigotry towards single parent families, or the concept that your teenager will be fine if you embrace god together.
on 13 July 2017
Good tips but getting a bit religious for me
on 22 September 2017
This book has opened my eyes. I would strongly recommend this book. I am learning and studying my boy. Also, I figured out my love language and also learning others love language. Great book.
on 7 July 2013
My wife and I read the original and we live by it. Gave this as a gift to my sister.
on 12 March 2017
Encouraging and inspiring
on 4 March 2017
Just what we needed to help us with our 3 teenage rs.
on 1 August 2017
Too much of 'God in every paragraph'
on 30 May 2017
I wish I could give this two ratings, one for the helpfulness of the basic ideas, and another for the writing of the book. The first would be a five, the second a one or a two. I really did not enjoy reading this book. The writing is clumsy, the generalisations over stated, and little research is presented to back up the author's case that is not anecdotal. But ... actually, in dealing with my own family, the ideas here have been quite helpful. So ... my recommendation is to grit your teeth and read it. And if you are in the field, write a better version.
on 17 April 2012
Having read the 5 Love languages for children several years ago and found it helpful, I thought I'd try the teenager one now that the kids are older. Some very useful advice and tips. Easy to read and you don't need to have read any of his other books. My kids liked the questionnaire at the back of the book to determine which 'love languages' they speak! Has inspired my husband to find out what his language by using the Love Language website.