Customer reviews

on 2 July 2017
I have been a Christian for many years and thought I knew all them all well. That is until I found they are not only for those who need to know the truth about eternity. This book has moved me spiritually and taught me so much about myself. I urge you to read it. It is written with such compassion, understanding and love. Thank you James so much.
2 people found this helpful
on 20 November 2017
I'm not somone who is highly educated. I do however seek to broaden/deepen my understanding. My main area of interest is religion, and more specifically, the Christian religion. Currently I'm studying the parables that our Lord spoke. There are lots of books on this subject; however not all these books are suitable for someone like myself. Too many are written in a learned and academic style. Not many are suitable for a general readership; J.M. Boice's Parables of Jesus is most definitely written for a general readership. Mr Boice gives to the layperson a book which is edifying and interesting. Mr Boice fascinates with his expositions on the parables. He brings out the meaning of each story beautifully and in such a way that everyone will appreciate. If you want a book about jesus' parables that isn't full of technical language and that actually opens your eyes to what our Lord wanted to teach then this is a good book.
on 16 February 2018
Just what I needed, some really good stories
on 19 January 2018
Great interpretations on the parables. plenty to think about here.
on 17 June 2018
always 5 stars
on 17 February 2016
Good, informative and easy to read book, which arrived in good time and in very good condition.
on 18 July 2017
Another good read
on 19 July 2017
Very very interesting.
on 3 September 2014
excellent
on 17 September 2013
I found this book to be well written and covers some parables that others books don't cover. Eg parable of two sons . Does me well.
One person found this helpful