Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

e. e. cummings is one of my favorite poets, and this collection of his poems is a treat for any fan of his verse. The innovativeness of his language and the freshness of his images are continuously inspiring. It is sometimes hard to believe that most of these poems have been written well over half a century ago - they have all aged remarkably well. This is a testament to the simplicity and the permanence of the themes and ideas that e. e. cummings dealt with, and the original and inimitable way that he approached them. And if you are not already familiar with e. e. cummins' writings, this collection is one of the best places to start getting to know this great American poet.
on 14 March 2002
e e cummings' work is different to any other poetry i have read. by ignoring the conventions of poetry - spacing, lineation, syntax - he created poems which are at the same time creative, enigmatic and profound. i particularly like his 'anti-war' poems, which demolish any ideas that cummings is merely a wordplayer.
on 13 July 2012
I really like EE Cummings, the only reason im not giving this book a 5 out of 5 its because my favourite poem is not on it! (I carry your heart)
on 15 February 2014
I am biassed, as e e cummings is amongst my favourite poets (alongside Houseman, Yeats, Dylan Thomas, Wilfred Owen, Siegfried Sassoon, John Donne, Robert Herrick, Ogden Nash, and others).

I bought this as a gift for a friend. For myself I bought his complete poems!!
on 19 April 2014
A wonderful collection of his poems, in good condition and quickly despatched. A lovely addition to my library and a great help with my Open University English studies.
on 27 March 2015
not sure how much I like this selection but as stated else where better read aloud
on 3 October 2016
Bought this for my daughter and she loved it.
on 8 January 2016
Arrived on time great little book
on 5 June 2016