on 29 November 2015
This is a brilliant and most readable book. I actually thought that I would never write a review praising a book on Biblical Theology but this is not only a very thorough and well balanced book but an eminently readable one. I bought the Kindle edition and later bought the book for a pastor friend of mine whose understanding of Biblical Theology is a prominent part of his teaching and preaching - not in a dry-as-dust sort of way but in the way that Schreiner writes - a captivating way which both links the Bible books together but has at its heart the One described in the title - Jesus - the KIng in His Beauty. It brilliantly captures the Saviour who is the theme of Old and New Testaments and I am grateful that I have lived to read a book which not only reawakened my interest in BT but also satisfied it so completely. Wonderful. The title is from Isaiah 33:17 "Your eyes will see the king in his beauty and view a land that stretches afar." Schreiner lovingly gives us a foretaste of what is promised.
on 15 January 2014
Tom Schreiner is always worth reading and this book is no exception. Buy it, it will fill your heart with rational praise to Jesus.
on 9 December 2014
Superb. Got to be one of the best books on Biblical Theology. Pulls everything together in a scholarly but insightful and interesting way that is not at all dry. This book was clearly written by someone who believes the Bible to be the written the word of God, and by that I mean the WHOLE Bible and not just the bits we like! And it works on Kindle just fine.
on 27 May 2016
well written and fairly devotional as well as scholarly.