Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 May 2015
I just got this book last week, ordered it after reading the reviews. I was not disappointed. I am going through a very rough time right now and this book has given me the lift I so badly needed. It is written in clear plain English so those who struggle with reading will be able to access this book. I had strong goosebumps most of the way through, so I know this is genuine and true. Really uplifting. Have recommended it to a friend who has recently been very painfully bereaved. While I have not been to heaven and back, my own mother has been back to me in spirit and also in dreams and she is young and well and as I remember her as a tiny child, she has been restored from 82 to a young lovely woman in her thirties. This book should fill you with hope and no matter what you have done in life, if you believe and trust in God, no matter what, then your name is inscribed in the Book of Life. I really did get uplifted reading this and trying to finish it tonight to lend it to someone tmw who badly needs this uplift. God bless you Marvin, I hope you are having a great time up there!
Update Dec 2015 have got it on Kindle and also several other friends buying their own after borrowing mine
on 15 December 2015
I am not religious, though I studied theology at college. I'm interested in spirituality and read a lot about psychics and the afterlife. I've read several books on near death experiences and conversations with God and found them thought provoking, so I was very much looking forward to reading this book from someone who claims to have had a near death experience. I'm gutted to say I could barely get past the first chapter.

The book is littered with bible quotes almost from the first page. The author was obviously religious before he ever had the experience. That Heaven contains pearly gates, angels and St Peter tells you everything you need to know. I'm fairly sure Heaven, if it exists, is more ethnically and religiously (and agnostically) diverse. I find books like this with their American Christain perspective quite scary if I'm honest.

I did try to read the whole book and failed. I'm sure committed Christains will love it though as it re-enforces their narrow view of their own religion.
on 5 February 2013
Very interestingly written and extremely inspirational. I love reading stories of people who have visited heaven - it makes moving on from this life as a Christian something to look forward to rather than to fear.

My Journey to Heaven: What I saw and how it Changed my life.
on 10 May 2014
An extremely touching account from an everyday down to earth man.
Mark's story reconfirmed what really deep deep down we all know, but have simply lost sight due to the logical and scientific answers which we are told is what supposedly matters most in this world.
Thank you Marv and everyone else who supported you in writing this book and allowing us all to share your experience.
I am not going to ramble on about how well written, or how accurate, grammar, or interesting it was (even though it far exceeding any of that), but I would just like to say again, Thank you for giving one more person a sense of hope.
I will carry your story with me through the rest of my life.
on 24 February 2014
This book had me engrossed from beginning to end! Absolute fabulous Read, four those of you, that have lost, & so loved!! This book, very plainly written,very easy to keep up with, is a absolute must, for those of us,that ever wonders , what happens when we pass over' !! This is a very powerful, true story of what is waiting for us all! Very simply easy to understand, of life after death!!
on 26 December 2015
This book is easy reading yet gripping. I found it very Christian based but would be interesting for the open minded who wants to know more about heaven. I already believe so for me I found it encouraging, inspiring and safe in my knowledge for comfort to me and my loved ones. It made feel safe, it made me smile, it made me have compassion. Well written and incredible read thanks to the courage of the writer and his wife.
on 21 April 2014
This seems a good honest review of Marvin J Besteman's visit to heaven. It will be of particularly for those who have lost someone particularly if it has been a child's death. I recommend the book to anyone who wants to know more about life after death.
on 3 August 2014
I chose this book as a great comfort for our dear grandson rudy who went to be with our precious lord at age 18months old. He was and always will be our little treasure , he gave us such a love through his struggle with life. At the funeral the Holy Spirit gave me these words to end with( it broke my heart to see rudy liveing as he was, but my heart has been made whole to know he is liveing as he is now in heaven.) thank you god for marv and his truth of heaven.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 December 2015
What a wonderful book! Marvin Besteman, extremely ill after surgery for cancer, had an extended experience of heaven before returning to his body. The story is beautifully told and very moving. The sincerity and gentle, homespun humour of the author are somehow very convincing and disarming. I believed him and was carried along by the power of his experience. I could not put this book down. I'd say this would be a good choice as a gift for a bereaved friend. There are no weird or unbiblical ideas in it. It discloses the tender love of God for the hurting and bereaved.
on 12 December 2014
Well worth picking this up and learning about a man's journey into heaven, and his challenge to communicate it to everyone on his return. It is nicely written with reference to scripture and informative. I love the kid's question, how does heaven feel under your feet?