on 6 March 2017
Very good resource on Excel Pivots. I would recommend this to anyone who uses Excel on a regular basis.
on 14 January 2015
It is good book as reference, to get the benefit is good to know pivots beforehand.
on 16 November 2016
Great book, excellent condition too. Thanks.
on 28 December 2009
Life most people, I kind of learned Excel as I went along - no formal training. The book plugs the gaps that training from day 1 would have given - back to basics. You'll learn new time-saving techniques and new ways of doing things from this book. Highly recommended.
on 7 February 2010
The content and style of delivery in this book is excellent. The use of real world examples also helps to put purpose and function of pivot tables into perspective. I was previously an Excel user for over five years but never really used Pivots due to not taking the time to understand there usefulness and function. After reading Bill Jelens book I can fully appreciate the usefulness of Pivots in analysing large data sets. I have realised that I have been analysing data both the hard way and the slow way. I am certainly more productive at work after reading this book and can turn large data sets into useful summaries and information for my manager in much shorter timescales than previously. The thought of using Excel without Pivots is no longer an option. Bill covers some really useful functions related to Pivots such as importing data from external sources and using this as a pivot data source. My only criticism of the book is that you really have to struggle to see the example screenshoots used in the book.
on 28 December 2009
Well written and clear guide to this powerful and too little used feature of Excel
on 4 October 2006
I am an experienced user of Excel pivot tables, but found many useful tips and techniques within this book. It is concise and clear and I think would be a very useful manual for someone new to pivot tables.

The sections on VBA were probably the weakest, but this may reflect my lack of expertise in VBA programming.

Recommended
on 16 April 2010
Great book - paid for itself the first time I used it. Everyone in the office wants a look at this - great functionality explained in a very straightforward way.
on 14 October 2014
Better than expected!!
It really helped me a lot!
on 10 October 2013
It is a useful and informative guide which I could not do without. There is sufficient detail to help you design a model without getting bogged down in technicalities.