Customer reviews

on 21 February 2017
I can't give a proper recommendation because I realised that an e-bay business was not what I was looking for. However, reading the book did help me come to that conclusion.
on 27 July 2013
This had good reviews so I decided to give it a go. Sadly most of it is for USA readers and much of it is not really relevant. There are some good sections and advice such as having a posting schedule that suits you not your customers and setting up your space. However the rest of it is pretty useless if you are UK based.
on 5 May 2011
I loved every bit of this book much needed n very helpful , spend more of your time looking for more books in same category , this book has all pre-formatted questions and important information ! Must buy !!!
on 14 December 2004
Absolute..ly GREAT..
I have over the last year, bought several "How do I"? books. From subjects like finding out how FrontPage is really supposed to work to a much more recent "barge load" of "Doing eBay Auctions Profitably" or, some-such titles.
The fact is, you buy and read a book that's about three hundred pages long, only to find you end up reading loads about "someone stating the flaming obvious".
For those of you this has happened to and for those who buy these special books, covering subjects which you are so desperately wanting answers to. Reviews such as this one, can and indeed should be, useful and helpful. So, I ask that you forgive my flippancy at the beginning, I have been stung myself quite often.
I finished reading the Absolute Beginners Guide....... a couple of days ago. It was the forth, or fifth book I had purchased on the subject of eBay, or building an eBay business etc... Each one that I read, left something (actually many things--) wanting. It was like an itch that you can not scratch.
But finally.......
I do believe I will not need to buy another "How to build a business with eBay instruction book".
For once, all the subjects which you require to ACTUALLY launch a business, are covered. They are, listed and written down in a factual straight forward, yet in an easy to follow manner.
Its also true that the UK site, we are often unhappy about the books being SO American oriented. Well in this case, I would be surprised if you even notice. The book takes you literally through the journey of creating a business. It just happens to be an eBay business, but could just as well have been any other.
The depth of reference is excellent, the professionalism shines through too. It is not full of eBay isms, except when explaining what something actually means, that may be in itself an eBay word. (An eBay word?.... Did I just say that?)
Neither is the balance between what you need to know and what you are being shown distorted or confusing, in any way.
I think it is a great book. Its good for all those who have decided that they are going to try and "make a living from eBay" and its equally good for those who just need a revision, of some of the eBay basics of establishing and maintaining profits and running a business.
Its well priced and quite chunky for its 380 or so pages.
My suggestion is read the book through. Then use it as a manual.
If you jump about to begin with I think you could lose some of the progression from A to B to C....
You will not be disappointed with this one.
Have a nice Christmas,
PulpKult
0Comment| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2011
Quite explicit for someone starting their ebay adventure - I recommend it for beginners. It teaches the basics in a very clear and concise way.
What I like about it is that certain important information gets repeated whenever necessary without one having to page back to a specific page (that is so annoying....refer to page x, bla bla bla, I just hate that).
Unfortunately it is somewhat outdated, (I obviously knew that when I bought it) but then again the price was right. Besides,90% of what is written still applies on ebay currently.

Thanks author, it's great
on 11 January 2010
Really good, nice clear information. Shame it is US version, but still does what it says on the cover.
on 30 June 2004
This book helped me - Ebay new user - very much. It gave answers on many questions that appeared when I tried to learn Ebay by myself. It gave lots of useful tips and I-net addresses of sites connected with Ebay. After reading this book I feel free with bidding and purchasing on Ebay.
on 23 February 2015
this book is giving me lots of ideas,glad I got it.
on 6 July 2015