Customer reviews

on 26 April 2017
This is a fantastic book ! I found it so interesting to be able to look through the whole century, much of which was in my lifetime, and to be able to see the patterns, and the progress of politics and culture
on 12 September 2017
It's a great book
on 14 February 2015
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 26 May 2015
As a journalist, this is the ideal volume to find tie-in dates for articles. Fantastic reference book and hot it at a bargain price.
on 8 May 2015
book in great condition considering its size. Great value for money.
on 15 January 2014
Nice book for a person mad into history and dates. Lovely to look back on olden times. Good coffee table book.
on 15 October 2015
Much better than I expected Virtually new in fact
on 26 November 2001
If you love your history then this is the book for you . This is a massive tome detailing the key events in politics , war , religion , culture and much more for every year since 1900. Dorling kindersley produce wonderfully engrossing books (see also the Q guide to rock stars ) and this is no different . The book also contains hundreds and hundreds of black and white and colour photographs. This is probably the most valuable book I own . A must for every bookshelf and school.
3 people found this helpful
on 13 April 2009
I love this book. newspaper format of articles with main events on the side and then a few detailed articles in newspaper format in the main body of the text. I used this for GCSE history essay on apartheid and it was of great help! I pull it out every now and then when i randomly wonder what happened in say 1967 etc, and read random articles. GREAT book for a person who likes to know for knownings sake!
on 23 October 2000
I have only spent 20 minutes "browsing" through this book, but I found it very interesting and impressingly informative. Better than an Encyclopaedia - it "grips" your attention. Liked it so much that I have requested this as a Christmas present.
3 people found this helpful