on 24 May 2016
Fantastic book. Its different in that it reads like a fiction story but just in a business sense. You will learn the journey of a newly appointed CEO that makes changes and how these are discussed and brought up.
It doesng to into unnecessary detail which kept me really engaged from start to finish.

It just makes sense as well. And I can really identify all of this with my work situation. As an HR Manager I found this really useful in approaching a pretty similar situation and articulating what I have identified in a really straightforward and clear way. Thank you Patick Lencioni!
on 9 March 2010
This book was recommended to me by one of the delegates at a recent training. It sounded great and Stephen (the delegate in question) was so enthusiastic about how it helped him understand his team and work more effectively that I just had to pick up a copy and read it. I am glad I did. Patrick Lencioni adopts a "commentary" style and follows Katheryn, a 57 year old executive who is a surprise appointee as a new CEO with responsibility of turning the fortunes of DecisionTech, a technology company, around. It focuses on the stakeholders in the management team and how the dynamics work between each of the players. Flicking back through it it seems a bit cold and shallow but while reading it I was totally caught up in the story and wanted to know how each of the players would react to the unfolding events. You will recognise characters, the situations, the meetings and companies you have worked in. It will remind you of times that you have taken unhelpful positions and it is the style that does that to you. The learning outcome is a useful pyramid model that can assist any manager in bringing a team together. All in all, an engaging book that provides insight and learning that makes it an essential read for progressive managers who believe they really can change things. Is that you?
on 29 April 2014
Patrick Lencioni has provided leaders and managers with a straightforward and powerful set of values to drive their development effectively. Unusually using a 'real' story to demonstrate the skills and attributes required to enable successful teamwork, he brings the concepts alive through the interactions between a new CEO and their team. The lessons and examples can apply to any industry and to any team - do not assume that it is only relevant to senior teams.

Most importantly these concepts are practical and very real. As a facilitator and training consultant I have found this book to be a valuable resource, as have my clients. We often recommend delegates to read this prior to attendance on a related learning activity.
on 21 November 2015
Everyone who works in a team should read this book, it has been so enlightening for me!
The application of the theories in thus book is not really easy though.
It really requires an emotional involvement in your day by day job, and this is not easy for a lot of people
on 21 May 2016
Although it starts out feeling a bit 'light weight', owing to the story telling style used by the author, it doesn't take long to see that there are many useful ideas - which could be applied to any team.
on 11 January 2011
I found myself reading this book and groaning "why, why why??" a number of times. Why didn't someone give me this book years ago?? Again and again I saw exposed, painful dysfunctions I've experienced in teams I've led, and wished I'd had this resource back then.
The fictional narrative style and setting is a lot less smug and abrasive than many 'how to' management books, and gives the book pace, making it an easy read. I know I'll be reading it more than once. Do your team a favour and read this book.
on 18 March 2017
Easy to read, with a clear message and some practical examples of what to do and not to do when leading a team. Well recommended.
on 29 July 2015
A very readable book which looks at how to build a team that is effective. The story makes it very easy to read and helps the reader to apply to real life situations. Whilst I am not involved in business I found this book very applicable to all settings in which I have led and been in teamsIF you are familiar with theories of group dynamics which is often only descriptive this looks at behavioural characteristics which is very helpful.
on 23 March 2014
very good ..very very good.absolutely loved this book , I saw things in myself that really challenged me personally , it also allowed me to see so much more in others.I kept reading through and kept saying .." I've seen that situation before and didn't know why we couldn't send that issue .." very good book
on 24 March 2014
A fascinating read for anyone who is part of a leading team. Each characteristic displayed by he team in their dysfunction was recognisable. The book is wtitten as a story and is therefore easy to read but the messages are powerful in their simplicity. I will be looking very carefully at my behaviours and that of the team given the insight this book has given me.