on 23 February 2011
All the rules of the first three Player's Handbooks, with rules updates, but without the classes, items or powers. It is as the name implies, it's a paperback handbook of all the rules. Very very useful to have. A lot smaller and more convenient than a hardbacked Player's Handbook too.

This should be treated as a supplement book, it doesn't replace the PHB or Dungeon Master's Guide, it's just there to make rules checking more convenient.
11 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 26 October 2012
I initially bought it because I read that it had all the rules, but it turned out to be more useful than initially anticipated. If you don't have the Dnd Core rulebooks for 4'th edition this is a shortcut for all the rules that you will need. Especially the Skill section where it encourages to be more creative. I'm giving it a 5/5 because I liked the content and each time I need something I just take a quick look and I know what to do, be it as a player or as a dm.
on 9 May 2016
Does exactly what it says on the tin, since I bought this, my PH1 and PH2 have stayed at home and this is the only handbook I've taken to any game.
on 25 September 2016
Everything ok. A little rip on the back but nothing of terrible.
on 15 September 2014
is ight
on 7 December 2010
I have not yet read through the whole book but have skimmed through it and used it several times in my recent games for rules quieries and have found it a great help for that, quickly finding the relevant topic and having it explained fairly clearly. It benefits from being half the size of the the main rule books making it easier to both carry with you to games and find space for it beside you at them too.

This is not however a new version of 4th Edition D&D, it is just an updated and better laid out version of the rules, in short if you have all the main books and have limited funds then you do not need this book, if however you have the funds to add it to your collection or are starting out with 4th Ed D&D then this is a great book to have.
8 people found this helpful
on 26 November 2010
I originally bought this book because I wanted to have all the rules in one accessible book. This book surpassed my expectations though, it actually provides rules I have never read before in any of the previous PHs or DMGs. I had been particularly struggling to understand about the 'Handling Animal' rules from the 3.5 edition of D&D and how it worked in the 4th edition. This book shed the little bit of light on the subject I had struggled to find. I really would recommend having this even if you have all the core rule books, it has revised rules, new rules and some expansions on previous rules.
One person found this helpful
on 18 February 2011
An unusually cheap DnD supplement, it is in smaller format than the other books, but keeps with 300-ish pages. It has all the basic rules in an easy - to - find format, with several indexes. Updated with all the errata and additions since launch, it is rather useful. Some space is used on fluff that it is unclear why is in the book; information on the planes and such is not rules, it is just background information that may or may not apply to the running campaign. Mostly recommended, I'll be using it a lot in the local campaign.
One person found this helpful
on 7 February 2012
This book is a good supplement to the usual rules of D & D but ultimately it's for the beginner who knows nothing about role playing is is trying to get their head around the whole thing. The explanations are clear and easy to understand so the book is a great starter pack also has some nice tips on making adventures and characters.
on 4 November 2014