on 30 September 2016
I remember reading this book while at university and thought I'd revisit it again.
Set in a world of magic and mythical creatures the story follows a group of friends reuniting after a long absence. During the reunion trouble breaks out between the locals and some strangers. The friends offer their help to the strangers and a journey follows.
During the journey friends are made and friends are lost. Fantastic stories unfold along with enemies that all have believed to be fantasies of the past.

This volume comprises 3 books which are brought together here along with some added extras for fans. Although based in a Dungeons and Dragons world you don't need to know anything about this game to enjoy the book.

The story is brisk and draws you in, making it hard to put this book down. There is violence but it's written in a way which isn't gory but instead flows along like the story. Areas and characters are well described without going into long winded explanations. The characters are also believable, each with plenty of flaws as well as strengths.

I'm glad I returned to this book. It's as good as I remember and I'll definitely keep it and return many more times.
3 people found this helpful
on 11 October 2017
I've only just come across the Dragonlance series, after finding a battered copy of Dragons of Autumn Twilight in a second hand book shop. I thought it was great, and as it fell apart towards the end of my reading, I bought this three book collection. Very happy with that decision, as the cover artwork is nice – it fits the feel of the stories – and it's good to have the three books in the Chronicles series together.

While I have never actually played D&D, somehow reading these books feels like embarking on a D&D adventure (in a good way!). The classic RPG party composition is there, and acting true to form. Having said that, there is real character development throughout the story arc, which is what makes these books great.
One person found this helpful
on 1 January 2017
This is a pretty hefty book because it's got all 3 of the first trilogy in one book. I gave it to my teenager and he actually didn't start reading it for a while because he was intimidated by the size. The stories themselves are great and are classics. But this packaging is a bit off-putting.
on 11 January 2010
I read these books first as a teenager and decided to revist them now. To be fair I wasn't expecting them to be as strong a read to my grown up self as they were for me as a teenager.

However I am enjoying them, as nostalga helps me gloss over any bumps in the story. If you haven't read them before I recommend them strongly. Lots of great characters and a full unfolding plot. If you are into LOTR, WOW or EQ2 then you will love it. IF you were into AD&D then you missed out if you haven't already read these. The world and encounters are true to the game and its rules.

Enjoy, I am
One person found this helpful
on 18 April 2017
Cover was on upside down and back to front, but I bought this book to replace one I already had and read numerous times and had begun to fall apart. Very good read...
on 29 November 2017
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 8 December 2009
I got this volume (Autumn Twilight, Winter Night and Spring Dawning) for my grandson who has asked for books about dragons and is about school leaving age. I looked at the standard of English inside, and it looks good, it reads well and grabs the attention. I am sure he is going to love it. We want to find books that will help him with his GCSEs as he has a rare learning disability and, apart from the usual American spelling in this series, these books are just the ticket for someone reading slowly but wanting exciting, not babyish, stories.
on 3 October 2011
If you like D&D world or even if you like the fantasy world in general this is the best book I ever read!
I read it in Italian then in English, same story different sensations :)
Enjoy it!
on 2 July 2016
Bought this for.my son. Read these books years ago and loved them and they still stand the test of time
on 12 November 2017