on 29 May 2016
A really lovely quality book. Bought as a gift for someone who is about to trace their family tree and they were thrilled with it. Some pages are not relevant and also contains some American terminology but this can easily be over-looked or changed. Would recommend, impressed with quality for the cost.
on 26 March 2017
Pleased with the purchase
on 28 June 2015
Very useful. Just what I needed to fill in my historical background for my Granddaughter
on 16 September 2011
I bought two of these as they are such good value for money. They arrived quickly, with a minimum amount of packaging. They are very good quality, in fact the photograph does not do them justice at all. A brilliant idea that saves lots of pieces of paper, and scrap books getting lost when you can have all your family history in one book to pass down to future generations. I would recommend buying two, as you really need one each.One for your family and one for your partner/husband's/wife's family. You could even buy one for each of your children and just copy the information from one book to the other. And NO, I'm not on a commission!!!
22 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 October 2011
this book was exactly what i required, i searched everywhere for a book like this to record my family tree and when i found it on amazon i was delighted, and was even more delighted when it arrived and i looked through its contents, i can now record everthing i need for my family tree and more! the book cover is so beautiful, its green with a bronze tree, the photo does not really do it justice, it is so expensive looking, for such a small price, i love it, went way beyond my expectations.
on 21 January 2013
This book has loads of pages and looks good but is very repetitive. I have inserted the same family members and their basic details many times! Also, It wasn't ideal as my parents are divorced and I was hoping to do my dad's tree in one book and then do the same for my mum, however, the book begins from 'husband and wife' so you either miss half of it out or fill it with details the recipient may have no interest in.

Each section begins with the husband and wife and then their parents but each time, you add slightly more detail, This was purchased as Christmas presents for my parents but I actually got bored repeating the same details and never got round to finishing one, never mind two!

There are pages for additional info, military records, deaths, pets, family homes, special friends etc that are very good but also very American, the 'our family homes' asks for the state you live in while the 'schools attended' page asks for dates of graduation and there are pictues of pumpkins on the 'holiday' pages.

Overall though, if I get round to finishing them, they will fulfill their purpose as a quick reference to family history.
on 8 May 2015
lovely looking book but unless you are, or any of your family are, from USA this isn't for you. I have been researching my family tree and wanted to record some information for my Mum as a birthday gift. Please Amazon show some of the inside pages of these books. All the web addresses in the back pages are in the USA.
on 15 August 2014
Very American and you just keep writing the same old names over and over again. I got disheartened and gave up.
on 3 December 2015
Of all the books I looked at this appeared to be the best. As many people have commented it is geared to the American market but I just crossed out the titles of some of the pages. I had been warned that much of the information was repetitive, I just crossed out the headings and used the pages to record what I wanted. It is beautifully bound and keeps things all in one place.
on 6 March 2014
Fantastic product! Lovely gift for grandparents. Would definitely recommend. I have brought it for my mother in law who is tracking her family history. You can also dedicate the book to someone which would be lovely for grandchildren.