on 6 January 2010
I try to get a new Bible every two years on average. One gets familiar with the old and after a while, it is easy to skim the contents and assume knowledge.

This Bible has a small introduction at the beginning of each book - it has proven to be useful and provides a brilliant insight, backdrop and in many ways a contextual understanding of each book.

I would highly recommend this Bible, especially if one wishes to present it as a gift to a new convert, or to someone who had been of a different religious background. This version will (in my opinion), be particularly useful to a recipient from an Islamic background for the simple reason that they have a notion that the Bible has been corrupted through the process of translation.

This is a brilliant version, it is attractive and the cross references in the middle margin are useful. In addition to all of this, there are literary explanations of words that may seem to be obtuse to a person who is not familiar with the word or of a non-Christian background.

It is worth taking the time to read the introductory notes as they will serve a person well to understand the annotations.

Highly recommended - get one or give one out as a present...!!!
19 people found this helpful
on 6 September 2014
Bought this for my 11 years old son on his birthday. Absolutely fantastic, the chain reference compares to the best I've seen and used. The concordance also is well detailed. Words of Jesus Christ in red. Binding great, and the Bond leather well measured. Don't forget it's slim and quite portable too. In fact, I'm planning buying 2 more - for me and my wife apiece! For the price, I think, this's the best in this category. Sincerely recommended to anyone looking to buy an extremely good but affordable reference bible.
4 people found this helpful
on 21 July 2014
this is i grate bible for the price i don't think this is real leather but for the price its grate the binding is really good the print is easy to read if you dont have really bad eyes i would say 7.5pt the new translation is so easy to read and understand i love reading it if i was to say what bible I wanted to buy that would last for ten pound this would be it my god bless you with his word
on 29 May 2014
Lovely look and feel to this Bible but larger that I thought it would be and I would rather have had it in English than American. I'm used to the King James version but the NKJV is the best alternative version I have read. Gave one to my friend as a birthday present and she was very pleased and fins the Bible easy to read and study. Would have given 4 and 1/2 stars but didn't know how to print the 1/2!!
on 30 November 2013
It was a very quick delivery, a very pleasant and quality production. The photos don't do justice to the pleasure of having this in your hand. It is exactly what my mother wanted and if it helps her study the Word then I am happy.
2 people found this helpful
on 5 May 2015
I was initially quite disappointed by the Bonded Leather of this Bible - it felt stiff and almost like cardboard. However, after a week's use it has really softened up and now feels really nice in hand. Text size is big enough to be comfortable, whilst ensuring that the Bible isn't too thick. Good concordance. Overall, really pleased.
on 12 October 2012
This is God's Word in a clear translation that is easy to understand, but can ONLY be put into practise by the power of the Spirit of God. What does that require? Submission to Him is all that is needed.
4 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 26 January 2015
Did not like this at all, I was looking for good quality leather bible, and saw this item was at a reasonable price. But the leather was really not pleasant to touch and really floppy. I did not like the format of the bible itself either with the reference column in the middle
on 24 December 2015
My second copy of this - nice quality pages and whilst the bonded leather is a little tough initially, I'm sure it will soften really nicely as my other one did.
on 18 March 2014
Bought this for a friend, it turned up and I found the bible much better than I had imagined. Leather-bound and thin, this bible will last long and is easy to carry around.
2 people found this helpful