on 13 October 2003
I bought this trilogy on a whim which certainly paid off! I am a fan of Nora Roberts (including her J D Robb series) and thought I would give this a try, a little light reading for the train journey to work - however it pulled me right into the story. I didn't want to leave the train, I wanted to stay there all day just so that I could read about Aidan, Shaun and Darcy and their exploits at Gallaghers, their pub. Having visited Dublin many moons ago, I could totally relate to the lively atmosphere in the pub and the spontaneous bursts of song that seem to be an every day part of life in Ireland. A definite buy for those who want to escape into the realm of faeries and magic!
on 4 January 2001
Each book I read written by Nora Roberts seems to get better than the one before. I started to read the Jewels of the Sun trilogy a week ago and thought that the best book ever, then came Tears of the Moon which seemed to better the first and I have just finished Heart of the Sea and can't believe shes 'done it again'. This book really rounded off all the characters in the previous two and added Trevor Magee the least likely person to believe in magic and a Prince of Faeries and ghosts of beautiful ladies who totally succumbed to Irish myths and legends and of course to the irrepressible Darcy Gallagher. If you have never read a Nora Roberts book this trilogy would be a good place to start by the time you get to Heart of the Sea you will be completely hooked as I am on the books she writes so prolifically, but so excellently. I have no hesitation in giving this one 5 stars and look forward to the next book of hers I read with great anticipation.
on 2 April 2003
Darcy may seem to be the least likeable of the Gallaghers, but she has a bigger heart than she gives herself credit for, as she discovers when Trevor Magee brings a breath of New York to the quiet Irish scene.
How the "ambitious and mercenary" Darcy and the "efficient businessman" Trevor cope with finding that they are capable of love after all - and with the added complication of Prince Carrick, impatient to be free of his own 300 year old spell - makes an entertaining and satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. I agree that it is not among the author's more exciting books, (some of them are rather too exciting for me!), but even in her gentler moods she has a special talent for blending passion with humour, and the mundane with the unexpected. Her decriptive passages are also well worth a second reading. (This brings the score to two disappointed reviews and two enthusiastic ones - It'll be interesting to see which way any further reviews go!!)
on 3 January 2001
I have read most of Roberts books and usually find her trioligies some of her better work, but with this final chapter of her latest Irish setting I was sadly dissapointed. It took me a long time to actually like the heroine. Because her love of money was discussed so much, so early, for the rest of the book it made me wonder if she did love the hero for himself. I got the feeling the story was written too fast with not enough plot to it, after the first two books Roberts seems to have run out of steam. In fact as I sit here writting this review, I find it very difficult to remember a plot (and I only read the book 2 weeks ago). It won't put me off reading another Nora Roberts book though, as an average story for her is better than some other writers best efforts.
on 11 November 2014
I love this author and I have very nearly read all the books not just in this series but all series written.

She is an excellent author, I love the story lines, and I love that everything is in 3's I love a series of books and with a triology you have that without having to many books to read to finish off a series.

Perfect thing to take away with you and read by the pool!
on 20 January 2014
This was a purchase for someone and I have never read it, but it arrived on time and was at a good price so I don't want the sellers to loose out on a good rating for something I have not read, although the person who has, loves it!
on 3 August 2013
A trilogy I have in book form that I wanted to take on holiday, decided to put the book on my kindle.The books although stand alone,the series is very good, Nora Roberts at her best .Having read one and two of the series couldn't wait for this one to appear
on 10 March 2012
One of the best Authors around, I love the way Nora Roberts blends the romance and the supernatural, this book the third of a trilogy doesn't disappoint, and is highly recommended, along with anything else of hers you can find!!
on 10 May 2013
What a wonderful story to end a fantastic trilogy of books. Each story in this trilogy will make you laugh, have you reaching for the tissue box and ultimately leave you wanting more from Ms Roberts.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 September 2012
Heart of the Sea is the third of the Ardmore Gallaghers series by Nora Roberts. Darcy Gallagher is in charge of service at Gallagher's Pub in Ardmore, but has ambitions to marry a rich man and see the world. When wealthy businessman Trevor Magee arrives from New York to oversee the building of a theatre attached to Gallagher's Pub, he is immediately attracted to the feisty Darcy. And she to him, before she knows anything about his wealth. When he hears her sing, he wants to sign her for a record contract. This last instalment of the Ardmore Gallaghers trilogy is a bit slow to get going, but eventually the pace picks up. Fans of the series will be pleased to encounter the characters from the first two books: Aidan and Jude, Shawn and Brenna. In this particular instalment, the romantic situation echoes the mythological tale nicely, bringing both to their ultimate resolution. The birth scene is delightful. A pleasant read.