on 16 September 2013
Although a bit too long in my opinion, and slow to get going, I loved this iconic film and all the music, and car chases. I watched it because I had been invited to a Blues Brothers themed party and I wanted to be sure what it was all about. I am glad i did, and will watch it again. I also enjoyed the 'extras' re the making of the film etc. A feel good film. I enjoyed the party that followed the theme, and the band that played also dressed as Blues Brothers and did the dances. Great fun all round.
on 24 November 2016
There really isn't anything like it. Everyone should watch this movie at least once. The cast list is staggering (it's only recently that I realised that the Cook County Assessor's Clerk was Steven Spielberg).

This DVD reinstates some of the deleted scenes.
on 25 February 2014
There we have rythm and blues movie. I have seen the light in it. You dont have to rewarm it. Its hot.The blues brothers are musicians who are on a mission for something greater. They seem to know all the criminal ways too making the not only a bit bit shady rebels.They have blues car a very faitful vechicle who runs till the end. There is spirit in that musicfilm. its the lonely and the only of its kind. .
One person found this helpful
on 22 July 2011
A trio of classic American films. Taken chronologically they are "National Lampoon's Animal House" (1978), "The Blues Brothers" (1980) and "Stripes" (1981).
All three remain as funny - and in the case of "The Blus Brothers" as brilliantly musical - to this day as they were when released.
I suspect that this set will be purchased by those who remember the films fondly from their youth rather than those too young to have caught them when released.
Simply, great fun.
4 people found this helpful
on 29 March 2018
Brilliant film and fantastic price. Very quick delivery and would highly recommend.
on 26 April 2017
What more can be said after 37 years? I'd never seen this all the way through on TV and it is great to see it completely and catch all the humour properly.
on 12 March 2018
Have the original so I updated it to blu ray transfer is very good
on 31 May 2013
I'm not going to comment on the movie itself. It is a classic. The only reason i gave it 4 stars is related to the quality of reproduction on Bluray. If you expect a true HD quality then you may be disappointed. It actually starts remarkably grainy, and improves, though significantly, as the movie progresses. This is probably typical of many old movies reproduced on HD format.

It is very disappointing that such an all time classic has not received the care and perfection it deserves during the conversion process. I'm sure with current level of expertise and technology available a much better result could have been achieved.
3 people found this helpful
on 1 February 2013
I remember seeing this many years ago and bought it partly for nostalgia and because it was so well produced and directed.
A clever combination of humour, catastrophes and decent music.
Great acting by both Akroyd and Belushi.
Worth buying and watching every now and then. One of those that you are unlikely to tire from, assuming this is your kind of thing.
on 4 September 2015
I had forgotten how good this film is.
It's a Comedy, it's a Musical, it's a Car Crash, it's a Drama.
It has an amazing cast list and some classic lines!
Listen to the music through good loudspeakers and feel the blues...