on 19 August 2006
I bought this book and the lonely planet mongolian phrasebook. This is definately the better of the two books. Though i have found having both with me useful.

I would say that if going to Mongolia you need to learn the cyrillic alphabet first before you go. This dictionary is much better once you know the cyrillics alphabets phonetics as used in mongolia. I didn't know them and found myself writing my own phonetics down in the dictionary as an easier way of learning the speech at first.

The dictionary has gaps, please and wolf are not in there and you can tell its written by a mongolian not a british or american person.

Overall definatly helping me during my stay in Mongolia.
on 11 February 2013
Bought this for a friend as a Christmas prezzy, I dont speak (nor want to) Mongolian but she tells me it's very good and seems happy with it.

Based on her feedback I'm giving this 5 stars.

Cheers!
on 19 January 2013
Needed help when we had a Mongolian visitor. Showing the word/phrase in the book was the best way to communicate as my pronunciation was not understood!!
on 2 August 2015
Superb condition, very precise phrase book.
on 5 July 2012
This is not bad for a phrasebook.

One problem is that being Hippocrene, it doesn't open out very easily.

The Russian writing in which modern Mongol is spelt is transliterated into English. I found this useful, despite having been able to read Russian for about 40 years. For some reason, the Russian type used here is difficult to read until you have read it in the Latin alphabet.

The design is a soupçon wasteful, you could get more words in by losing some of the "white space".

But if you've ever wondered what Mongol looks like, this is a cheap introduction.