on 15 July 2017
Love Sandra Brown books and this one dud not disappoint
on 25 April 1999
What happens when your love letters are read by the wrong man? In this case, he falls in love with the sender. And he wants to know her but he can not let her know that he has violated the correspondence she sent to her former husband -now dead. It's a romance written in the eighties but it shows some Sandra Brown's trademarks: interesting supporting characters (as the heroine's horny and witty friend, Babs) and superb timing that makes you turn pages because you know the secret is going to be discovered and how it's going to be discovered but not when. So you read it at a single sitting. It is not one of those great long novels (Slow Heat in Heaven, Fat Tuesday, Exclusive...) but it is a charming example of the Romantic short novel. Its only fault is that, although you can easily fall in love with the sexy rascal heroe -his nickname is "Smooch" and he matches up to it-, the heroine is not so special. I think it requires to be a really delightful woman to convert a rake to a homely life, and I do not think Kyla is attractive enough.
on 27 January 2001
I love this book because it is so appealing in the most romantic sense. I love the hero, Trevor for he is the kind of lover that all woman should have! He fell in love with his best friend's widow through her letters to her husband, but she, Kayla wanted so badly to stay true to her dead husband's memories. Wow... a real romantic tale!
on 3 July 1999
I have to agree with the reader from West Texas, a good book but not her best. I was really frustrated with Kyla and her desire to be faithful to her dead husband. Trevor was a wonderful guy and she kept resisting him. After a while of this it got quite old. Trevor should have let her go and let her be miserable alone. I think her friend Babs had the right idea. I also liked Kyla's parents and even Trevor's dad. The ending was good and I didn't regret reading the book but again, I've read much better books from Sandra Brown.
on 3 September 1998
Sandra Brown is a wonderful story teller who is usually so adept at developing characters and designing surprising and intricate plots. However, with this novel I had to force myself to continue reading the novel after discovering the quintessential letters were sappy and sadly lacking. If like me, you are a Sandra Brown fan, just skip this one and go on to another of her novels.
on 31 August 1997
This is one of the best Sandra Brown books that i have read (and believe me, i've read them all). You get caught up by the story on the first page and you can't put it down. I am a huge Sandra Brown follower and can hardly wait for her next book to come out. If you're looking for a deeply moving book with suspense and intrigue this is the one.
on 1 February 1999
I loved this book. The romance Sandra creates is so intense. I never thought Kyla was going to let her guard down. But thats what kept me interested and dying to know what was going to happen next. It was great!!!
on 10 April 2015
excellent
on 5 May 1998
I am a Sandra Brown follower and have read most of her books. She truly shows her talent in this one. I couldn't put the book down and finished it in two days! It's that good!
on 20 July 1999
I really enjoyed this book, especially it's ending. She captures people's feelings especially Trevor's and it makes you sympathize. It just is one more that shows how talented Sandra really is.