Customer reviews

Summer on Blossom Street
Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 June 2017
Nice and easy holiday read,good story and entertaining characters without too complex or difficult to follow. Didn't have to concentrate too much.
on 4 January 2018
as expected
on 24 March 2017
Stories about each family were so riveting, comical, and endearing it was hard to stop reading each day I read
on 26 July 2017
Very good just like all Debbie Macomber books
on 6 November 2013
Really happy to have got this book wirelessly and I think it is about time they did a complete collection :)
on 16 August 2017
Love Debbie
on 9 June 2009
Absolutely brilliant book! I've read a couple of Debbie Macombers' books, the ones that this one is the follow up to and I love them. I can't wait to read the next one. Hopefully there are many more to follow.
on 5 August 2009
Another great book from Debbie Macomber for fans of the Blossom Street series i read it in one sitting and as always was sad to finish it we met all the old characters and followed them through their lives on the street
i cant wait for the next one to be brought out well recommended as a great gentle read whilst sitting in the garden
on 10 June 2012
Another enjoyable read from Debbie Macomber. I like revisiting the Blossom Street characters, and find it very easy to get into these books.

In this instalment, Lydia starts a Knit to Quit class at her knitting shop. The people who sign up include a girl whose ex-fiance thinks paying for prostitutes doesn't count as infidelity, a businessman who's ruining his health with overworking, and Alix, whom we have met in previous books and who now wants to stop smoking before she gets pregnant. Meanwhile, Lydia and her family are reluctantly fostering a 9 year old girl with problems, and Anne-Marie, the owner of the adjacent bookshop, is having to come to terms with someone else entering her adopted daughter's life.

Some people have called these books one-dimensional and cliched, but I actually find that I can imagine each character very well from the writing. I agree that there could sometimes be a bit more 'showing' rather than 'telling', and I appreciate that not everyone likes a happy ending, but I find Debbie's novels to be perfect gentle reads in between other, more challenging, writing, and I also enjoy hearing about the knitting, and about everyday life in Seattle.

I look forward to reading more.
on 9 January 2012
I didn't think this was the best in the Blossom Street series. I felt that some of the storylines felt a bit contrived and false but it was still lighthearted escapism which sometimes is nice.

Lydia starts a new knitting class called Knit to Quit and we meet the main characters of this story- the people who make up the class

Lydia and Brad decide they want to adopt a baby but get a phone call asking them to take in a 12 year old girl for 2 nights....it doesn't take a genius to work out where that storyline goes. Alix wants to give up smoking so that she and Jordan can start a family, Anne Marie has a phone call from a man who thinks he might be her newly adopted daughter's dad, "Hutch" takes up knitting to deal with the stresses of running his family business and Phoebe is trying to move on from her fiance who went to prostitutes.

Still worth a read if you have read the series but possibly not as the first one.