on 22 July 2017
Plot line O K, very predictable, would have been better but for the stupidity of the heroine,
on 9 July 2016
Well written and very imaginative, transports you right back to the Civil War and Cromwellian era, can definitely recommend the book
on 18 August 2017
Slow to get into at first but once the story got going there were a few twists and turns which kept the intrigue. All in all a good book
on 25 March 2009
I looked forward to this book because I had read MARRIAGE UNDER SIEGE by the same author and really enjoyed it. I have to say that in this case the hero and heroine are quite annoying. The heroine is an adorable little thing , the hero very often calls her ''little one''and sometimes carries her about. She seems to have a fixated dislike of the hero in the beginning which seems to be totally unfounded, seeing as he is rich, good looking, charming and all the rest. I found myself thinking ''oh for goodness sake, get on with it''. Despite the fact that the hero is supposed to be sublime, he is really wet and acts like a complete wally in pursuit of her. I'm afraid I had to skip the sex scenes as she was so impossibly adorable. I do think heroes and heroines should have a bit os spice.
For the diehard romance lover only. The historical detail is good though
on 6 March 2013
This was a disappointing read, rather short on historical facts and storyline. I could only reccommend it as a 'chick' paperback.
on 17 July 2013
I hoped this would be of similar quality to other books by the same author but it was closer to a typical romance novel with less intrigue and historical content. This book is more suited to those looking for an easy read.
on 16 March 2014
A really good read, very entertaining. Anne O'Brien is a very good author and seems to really research her books.
on 25 October 2014
I love historical fiction and non fiction and this was the first I had read of this author will read more
on 20 January 2014
I think the book captures the whole essence of how life was back in the 1400/1500 century. I enjoyed reading it.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2016
This book would have been better without the ghost, too far fetched for my liking but a nice story nevertheless