on 9 June 2009
Absolutely brilliant book! I've read a couple of Debbie Macombers' books, the ones that this one is the follow up to and I love them. I can't wait to read the next one. Hopefully there are many more to follow.
on 5 August 2009
Another great book from Debbie Macomber for fans of the Blossom Street series i read it in one sitting and as always was sad to finish it we met all the old characters and followed them through their lives on the street
i cant wait for the next one to be brought out well recommended as a great gentle read whilst sitting in the garden
on 10 June 2012
Another enjoyable read from Debbie Macomber. I like revisiting the Blossom Street characters, and find it very easy to get into these books.

In this instalment, Lydia starts a Knit to Quit class at her knitting shop. The people who sign up include a girl whose ex-fiance thinks paying for prostitutes doesn't count as infidelity, a businessman who's ruining his health with overworking, and Alix, whom we have met in previous books and who now wants to stop smoking before she gets pregnant. Meanwhile, Lydia and her family are reluctantly fostering a 9 year old girl with problems, and Anne-Marie, the owner of the adjacent bookshop, is having to come to terms with someone else entering her adopted daughter's life.

Some people have called these books one-dimensional and cliched, but I actually find that I can imagine each character very well from the writing. I agree that there could sometimes be a bit more 'showing' rather than 'telling', and I appreciate that not everyone likes a happy ending, but I find Debbie's novels to be perfect gentle reads in between other, more challenging, writing, and I also enjoy hearing about the knitting, and about everyday life in Seattle.

I look forward to reading more.
on 9 January 2012
I didn't think this was the best in the Blossom Street series. I felt that some of the storylines felt a bit contrived and false but it was still lighthearted escapism which sometimes is nice.

Lydia starts a new knitting class called Knit to Quit and we meet the main characters of this story- the people who make up the class

Lydia and Brad decide they want to adopt a baby but get a phone call asking them to take in a 12 year old girl for 2 nights....it doesn't take a genius to work out where that storyline goes. Alix wants to give up smoking so that she and Jordan can start a family, Anne Marie has a phone call from a man who thinks he might be her newly adopted daughter's dad, "Hutch" takes up knitting to deal with the stresses of running his family business and Phoebe is trying to move on from her fiance who went to prostitutes.

Still worth a read if you have read the series but possibly not as the first one.
on 2 August 2011
Really good book although it would be a good idea to read the others in the short series to get to know the characters
on 12 June 2012
This is the first book I've read from Debbie Macomber, and I was happily surprised. The story centers around Blossom Street and the lives of the characters that live on the street, and that attend the knitting club.

The book was an easy-going read, with a collection of interesting characters. I don't normally like books that switch from character to character, but this one was fine as the chapters were short and enjoyable. I felt attachments to each character and I loved the way each story came together at the end. There's not a lot of action in the book, or large events, but I found each story very sweet and heartwarming.

I'd definitely read another Debbie Macomber book, and I'd also love to see if there will be a sequel to this book, as I'm still interested in the characters!
on 23 April 2011
Just another great mix of old and new favourites, getting involved with the trials and tribulations that exist on Blossom Street. With the success of the Yarn Store, new businesses open and you get to know of new histories that lead to good futures for so many, very easy reads, long may they continue.
on 5 May 2010
I've read all Debbie Macomber's books and this is as good as the others. It was nice to read about Lydia, Alex and co, and catch up with what's been happening on Blossom Street.

Debbie writes in such a lovely way, that you feel as if you know her characters and you care about what happens to them.

If you like to read stories about people, relationships and life, then try a Debbie Macomber book, I guarantee you'll love it.
on 7 May 2012
a very enjoyable read, the book makes you want to carry on reading until you reach the end, all to soon in my opinion. you really get into the lives of the characters and want to know more. what a great book.
on 9 June 2012
I enjoyed every page of this book and immediately began to feel quite involved with the characters, being a knitter myself added to the experience! It is quite a light read & would be an ideal holiday read. In some ways Debbie Macomber writes like an American Maeve Binchy by weaving a number of stories into one main plot.