on 29 April 2017
I love a Tess Gerritsen book and i did enjoy this one, great plot that kept me on the edge of my seat, characters that reeled me in, in fact I read it in a day which shows how good it is, there was just one thing missing that made this not a five star Tess Gerritsen book for me and that was gore, it just wasn't her usual gory style but still equally good.
on 11 April 2017
Very good read.
on 20 August 2017
Love all her ebooks
on 17 May 2014
I found it difficult to believe that this was really by Tess Gerritsen. More like a Mills and Boone romance than one of her thrillers. Then I looked at the copyright data (copyright 1994). It's a rehash of one of her old books before she developed a realistic style of writing.
on 23 August 2004
Luckily I had read three Tess Gerritsen books before I read this one, The Surgeon, The Apprentice and Bloodstream. If this had been my first I don't think I'd have read any of the others. If I'd have wanted a slushy love story I would have picked a Mills and Boon. The plot was so weak and predictable, you knew exactly what was going to happen and when !!
If you want classic gritty Gerritsen, I suggest you give this one a miss.
on 2 March 2014
Excellent. I always enjoy reading books by this author and actively look for new titles. It is helpful to find a list written by
The authers.
on 28 June 2007
As the publisher of Tess's more recent thrillers, I wanted to advise fans that this was originally published by Mira / Mills & Boon in the 1980s as a romantic suspense novel. Despite Mira's claims that the books they publish were Sunday Times bestsellers, and despite their use of Harlan Coben's quote (both of which Tess and we have asked them not to use), they continue to reissue her novels as thrillers. They are not thrillers, and were never intended to be.

The thrillers featuring Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles are The Surgeon, first published by Transworld in 2002, The Apprentice, The Sinner, Body Double, Vanish and The Mephisto Club.

If you have any further comments / queries, you can talk to Tess direct via her website, [...] or her blog. Or you can see her in person when she comes to the UK in Jan 08 with her new novel, The Bone Garden.

Selina Walker, Transworld
33 Comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2007
Oh thank GOODNESS it's not just me!!! I'm on page 233 and long before this thought why did this woman give up the medical profession to write tat like this??!! and more to the point, why am I reading it? Truth be told, I didn't want it getting the better of me and I have had so many people recommend Gerritsen that I decided to keep going. After the last couple of reviews, I will give one of her thrillers a go but honestly, she should consider getting this one out of circulation ASAP! (PS gave it 1 star because there is no option for ZERO star!)
on 1 May 2013
I am a big fan of Tess Gerritsen but this one is the only one I have delete so far from my kindle. It is a very easy read, very typical spy and romance book nothing new.
on 22 February 2004
A fast paced tale of espionage, politics and revenge - with the inevitable dash of romance - which moves between an English country house, dark and seedy corners of Paris, and a sun drenched Greek island. This novel sees Gerritsen thankfully beginning to move away from the romance genre, and really getting to grips with a crime thriller. There are still one or two passages which read a little like a Mills and Boon book, but the developing relationship between the main characters does help move the plot forward.
Similar to Keeper of the Bride, only better written and less soppy on the relationship front.