on 1 July 2017
Great book, clear and helpful, arrived on time, undamaged and in good packaging. Thank you for a perfect transaction.
on 26 November 2013
I would recommend this to any parent, but particularly if you are at your wits end with behaviours that you can't seem to address. This book has turned our relations around. I catch myself full of love for my children, where before I was full of exasperation and in moments desparation,. It is clear with simple examples that are relevant and applicable. I want to read it again but even with one read through I could apply handy concepts like the 'Saturday box' and find clear results. My two girls seem happier and have a more harmonious relationship with each other aswell as with me. Can't recommend it highly enough. And this is coming from someone who foreswore parenting books as a bad bunch!
There is also a handy list of books at the back including one on sleep 'solve your child sleep problems' which I would also give 5 stars too. Good luck!
on 12 December 2016
Haven't read a lot of this but so far seems interesting and an easy read
on 23 August 2015
Fantastic book! Was just what I needed with a 10 and 13 year old pushing the boundaries and having daily battles. This book has stopped the battling and conflict before it begins by giving parents the tools to communicate effectively so the child knows exactly where they stand.
on 9 February 2015
Highly recommended. From the first paragraph you feel you are not alone. Practical advice to follow and make you think about your approach.
on 7 March 2014
I have a strong willed 5 year old, and found myself in battle on a daily basis.

This book taught me that we are extremely alike and neither of us like being controlled.

It was also good easy reading and I like the references to actual family problems.

Since completing this book and following the processes to set the limits family life has been great, I now really look forward to spending time with my daughter and it's so much better.

25 continual days of not temper tantrums and a calm household.

Thanks so much
on 10 August 2015
I gave this as a gift to my daughter so did not actually read it myself. It may be worthy of another star!
on 3 October 2014
I am disappointed that Time Outs are encouraged in this book - a separation or time alone can be great when the child needs a breather but Time Outs, while infinitely better than hitting, are just another version of punishment by banishment and humiliation. They are not as effective as positive discipline to encourage good behavior.
on 26 January 2015
A bit Nazi like! The best advice would be to talk to the school counsellor if you are having problems- not to choose a book first
on 13 December 2013
This book did everything it promised and more. So clear, easy to read and exactly what I needed. Saw immediate results and they've continued - had helped to change things for us.