Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now flip flip flip Shop now Learn More Shop now

on 6 December 2015
Really useful book. Clear print and provides great rhythm practise. Would recommend
on 27 April 2016
Good book. awesome for jazz learners.
on 12 November 2014
Great book for learning to recognise music timing
on 16 November 2015
Great book
on 14 December 2014
Perfect
on 27 June 2002
First the bad points. There is hardly any explaination at all in the book. It merely has two pages of text before it dives in to the exercises. There is also this dubious bit about sixteenths in jazz. This book suggests that they too are 'swung'. Plenty of others say play them straight. Basically the book is a set of rhythms arranged to deal with eight notes, triplets etc etc. Each exercise deals with all sorts of possible combinations. The trouble is that they don't represent the sort of stuff you would expect to have to play.
My preferred method for the book is to practice say four bars in a loop so that this might replicate an actual passage of music rather that the twenty or so bars that comprise each exercise.
It's not that expensive and saves you the effort of writing the stuff out yourself but it's a pity that it didn't offer more help.
12 people found this helpful
on 20 October 2013
There's a lot to get to grips with in this book and it will take me some time to work through. However, I believe that if I persevere, I shall be a better player by the time that I reach the end of the book.
on 3 January 2013
The guys were looking for this book by Louis Belson. I said I can get it quicker on the net. So I did and they are pleased with my effort
on 22 October 2014
I think it's good. I'll let you know if I ever learn to read music
on 11 January 2017
A drummer's dream book. Might be difficult to understand for a new reader, but with help of a drum teacher all will become clear. Drum notation is a fascinating subject and this book will certainly help the aspiring drummer to develop his/her sight reading skills.