on 8 April 2017
Factual, encouraging and challenging
on 21 February 2002
OK, Bought it, read it, tried it and.......WOW IT WORKS! This guy knows his stuff, it opens up a whole new realm of your prayer life which you didn't know was there (and yes I do know how to pray...and every day). Prayers are sharper and more defined and you actually feel (without wishing to sound at all hairy fairy pie in the sky etc.,) more 'connected' and closer to God and His will. If you are thinking about buying this book, don't think BUY IT! Oh yeah, next time you thank God for your food after you've fasted believe me you'll really mean it!
on 1 April 1999
In the past, fasting has been one of the most misunderstood topics in the Bible. Now it is one of the clarion calls to the Church today in her preparation for the great end-time harvest. As an international evangelist, Mahesh Chavda has proven the powerful results of Spirit-led prayer and fasting. He has seen untold thousands healed, saved, delivered, and even raised from the dead by the power of God through obedience to fasting and praying.
In this book, Mahesh Chavda shares from decades of personal experience and scriptural study principles and practical tips about fasting and praying. Not only does it benefit us, but it is also part of our call as Christians. It releases the power of God for total victory over any circumstance and against all odds! For every believer who desires to minister in Spirit-birthed power, Mahesh shows how in a lifestyle of prayer and fasting.
on 9 February 1999
Mahesh Chavda has done what he writes about so much that you know he knows what he is talking about, and the miracles and answered prayer that follows will encourage anyone who desires to press on in this Christian principle. Mahesh not only gives the practical steps, but shares humorous and fun stories on the situations that occurred while he fasted. A must reading for those who want to walk the walk. Already in its 2nd printing after 2 months!
on 31 December 2008
This is a great read with practical as well as spiritual insight into fasting. It reminded me of how important this part of our Christain life is and I have started to put it into practise. I bought it for some friends as presents and they are equally impressed. Get this book and move deeper into the things of God for this year!
on 26 July 1999
Mahesh speaks from experience and NOT theory. I have known Mahesh for over 5 1/2 years and he is for real. Read his life story, Only Love Can Make A Miracle... it is his life story. Great book.
on 10 November 2010
Wow! Who would have thought that pray and fasting can be so powerful? Christ himself says that a specific evil spirit can only be removed by pray and fasting. The same can be said about putting our requests to God through Christ who strengthens us. Coming to Him after a period of pray and fasting shows our committment, faith and love to Him.

This book will help you to fast, will help you to understand why you need to fast, and will show the benefits of fasting. This is not a "quick fix", but a change of lifestyle, for the better. There is no sales jargon, just honest, simple truths.
on 3 June 2013
I've been wrestling with the idea of fasting for a little while, and God has used this book to give me added inspiration and motivation. I like Mahesh Chavda's encouraging style - he's seen some amazing things through prayer and fasting and so has much to be positive about, but he's also realistic about his own special call in this area - so it's encouraging and challenging without being guilt-inducing. He's also humble about some of his failures as well.

Theologically he's firmly in the charismatic evangelical camp, but I didn't find it as sectarian as one reviewer seemed to imply.

Overall a really encouraging book that given me a boost & challenge in the journey of fasting and given my spiritual life a big lift. God bless you as you take up the challenge.
on 13 September 2012
My friend recommended this book to me and at first I was quite hesitant. Even though I have been a Christian for three years I didn't know much about fasting, I only knew more about prayer. This book is fantastic at explaining the hidden meaning behind them both and explain how the two go hand in hand with each other. It explains how to actually fast according to what God says in his word and details fasts that you can do. There are amazing testimonies from Mehesh's own life experiences which are mind blowing! This book is amazing, and I would recommend it to anyone, I have actually got two of my friends to order it as well!! :)
on 2 November 2009
Great practical advice on prayer and fasting that I haven't heard from anyone else. It has helped me in my walk with God and I highly recommend it.