Customer reviews

on 3 March 2016
What I have read so far of this book I s thought-provoking and, to be honest, made me thankful for the road that I had walked was not the road that Mr Frost has had to. Having said that, the way Mr Frost shares his testimony is succinct yet poignant, with emotions and actions that seem to resonate in such a way that, although I may not have done exactly what he has, I know areas of my life that can correlate.

I confess, I normally multi-task whilst reading, doing something like cooking dinner or watching Netflix, but I couldn't do anything else when reading this book... Not even for the testimony. I can only read it and I have no concentration left for anything else. I only say this to hopefully highlight to you that there is something different about this book!

As my title says, I haven't finished it yet... I got to Page 40 and a paragraph that starts with "Self-image helps determine our depth of intimacy" and I am starting to feel such loving conviction for Holy Spirit, I can't tell you. I have only got to Page 43 and feel compelled to write this review. (Okay, it is possibly an avoidance tactic but I will get back to the book shortly.)

I know that this book is going to change my life and my relationship with God, my Papa, with Jesus and with Holy Spirit. I am reading this book slowly rather than speedily (again, unusual for me) and I am praying my way through this book without prompting (which, if you read a lot of Christian books, you will know that prayers can be written in the book by the author to prompt you to pray at times. Not happened in this book so far, yet I am praying and repenting my way through these few pages.)

I pray that this book is as much a blessing to you as I believe it is being to me.

N.B. I will update this post when I have finished the book, but I feel that it will take some time, as it appears I have bit of work to do with my Lord! Might be why He led me to it!
on 5 September 2016
Moving, powerful, raw in its vulnerability. This book carries immense weight due to the author's own true story (with which he risked damaging his reputation as a bible teacher and someone who ministered over so many years to others). His testimony ultimately triumphs because by acknowledging the truth (about his blind spot and the source of what held him back) he was finally free to be healed and be used by God to free others with this book. Great for study groups, as well as personal reading. Its thoroughness is outstanding.
on 28 January 2017
Jack Frost changed everything for me in understanding the Father's love - ABBA God! I will always be so grateful for that! Revealing to us we can't compare what our Dad's are like here - (even if your Dad is a great!), to ABBA Father the true God, of the most incredible deepest powerful pure love, overwhelming love you can have.
on 10 November 2017
Jack says the things of his life as they were and are, throughout his lifetime (almost). So often we try to put on a face and so are not real to others. As we come to know the Father’s embrace, we can learn from Jack’s experience how to be open and real to those around us, particularly those closest to us. Your wife/husband if you are married; your children: parents etc. Although it is a few years since Jack wrote this book it is still true today, arguably worse that we live in a fatherless society for many different reasons. Young or old, we men need to learn how to be a father; who better to learn from than Father God who loves each one unconditionally.
on 24 October 2016
Enjoyed this a lot, speaks well of personal relationships involved in families.
Very helpful in outlining God as a heavenly father showing the depth of his love for his children. Truly recommended.
on 29 June 2016
Am still halfway through readibg this book, but very good. A must for all christians, Jack Frost writing has opened my eyes to how our father God loves us. enjoying this insightful book.
on 4 August 2015
Great book, lots of incredible insights. The revelation of not just loving those close to us but communicating that love well so that it is received has been incredibly important to me.

Sometimes the emotional intensity of the style can be a little off putting (for this slightly emotionally reserved reviewer) although given where the author has come from and the message he is communicating there is a sense in which this style does reflect his message to.
on 3 January 2014
This is a very practical book which has helped me to develop a greater understanding of the unconditional love my Heavenly Father has for me. I recommend it to anybody who would yearns to experience what it is like to be thoroughly loved.
3 people found this helpful
on 13 January 2013
Everyone should read this book!

This was a life changing book for me - very gentle and wonderfully written - amazing revelation of very loving God who is just waiting to pour love on you
3 people found this helpful
on 10 January 2018
A great read. Life changing!