on 22 March 2017
In great condition
on 1 February 1999
"Lady in Waiting," a remarkable book with powerful insights will touch every woman's heart. Debby Jones and Jackie Kendall created a masterpiece that focuses on putting God first in one's life. "Lady in Waiting," designed for any age, accurately examines problems and concerns women in today's society face. Every woman rushes to get things done as quickly as possible. With "Lady in Waiting" one learns how to slow down, wait for God to answer prayers, and in return, be rewarded with a sense of pride. Patience, the most difficult quality to develop and apply in the fast-pace world of today, seems to be the primary focus of Jones and Kendall's book as well as lives. The authors reveal that when women have patience when dealing with challenges in life; they get more accomplished. It captivates women moving them to their inner cores. The strong Christian values and beliefs are evident throughout the book as the women praise and glorify God. The authors wrote "Lady in Waiting" from a second person point of view. The point of view, containing many rhetorical questions, makes women stop and realize their priorities in life. Many spiritual books have been written which also agree that patience, the key to life's happpiness, must be found in every relationship. "Lady in Waiting" stands out from other similar novels, however, due to the authors' decision to direct the book primarily to women. Although men and women are completely different in expressing emotion, every woman faces the same emotional drama in life. "Lady in Waiting" has influenced a variety of people including pastors, youth leaders, single and married women, high school and college women, and career women. The amazing impact of this magnificent book will last forever in a woman's heart. As Jones and Kendall honestly and accurately evaluate the struggles women face in the 90's; they soothe the soul with God's miraculous word. The Bible-the women's only source of data-displays biblical truths. Although the women only use one key source, the Bible, and many quote, thoughts, stories, and inserts of other women; the book helps develop the reader into an independent, secure woman of God. The authors answer all of women's typical questions and concerns about issues such as, reckless abondonment, diligence, faith, virtue, devotion, purity, security, contentment, conviction, and most importantly, patience. The authors style of simplicity and the profound literary tactic of emotionally involving the reader, are incredible. The wonderfully written passages of elegance leave no room for argument, as they accurately secure women in the awesome power of God. The authors creatively wrote the book clearly in order to influence all women. Personally, I agree with Jones and Kendall about the importance of remebering God is the only one who can give us total security. Women depend on husbands and fathers as their strong-hold in life, but the only one who is always there for us to be our true strength is God. I have strong beliefs and morals in life as I walk with God daily. The influence of the authors values persuade me to stay true to myself and not waver in my beliefs, but influence others as I have been influenced. "Lady in Waiting" is definitely the best book I have ever read. The authors' extraordinary book actually had the strength to emotionally move me and make me feel replenished after reading this delightful book. I feel I have learned more about the wonders of God and His plan for me in developing my love relationships. I highly recommend this wonderous book to all women who want to find God's perspective on life.
on 17 November 1998
I really enjoyed this book, but I feel that Michelle McKinney Hammond has a more down-to-earth perspective on the single Christian woman's life. Kendall and Jones almost seem to have that "we haven't messed up much" attitude and speak to that audience, whereas Hammond gets down and dirty and acknowledges that things do happen... Read this book, but also read "What to Do Until Love Finds You".
on 1 April 1999
This is not just another book for single women. This in-depth study of Ruth reveals the characteristics that every woman of God should develop. Learn how you can become a lady of faith, purity, contentment, patience--and much more--as you pursue a personal and intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus!
on 11 July 2006
I love how this book is not typically about finding the right guy, but about becoming the right girl. Be romanced by God... this book has taught me so much and i find myself continuously going back to it. It is so biblical. Girls, God treasures you!
on 11 April 2002
previously a cynic of books on relationships and singleness, particulary ones written by americans, i am being refreshed by reading this probing book. it is going to the core of my heart and revealing things long ignored or forgotten. it's practical and challenging, and the moments of cheese are overshadowed by the rest of this textual treasure!! delightful, but don't pick it up unless you are willing to be provoked and contemplate changing!
on 6 January 2015
I enjoyed reading a different perspective on the whole marriage and single women topic. This book is an eye opener and allowed me to look at becoming a better woman in Christ rather than seeking the perfect husband. A great book for all ages.
on 4 July 2014
This book is absolutely STUNNING. I have not even finished reading it yet, and it has helped to transform my life dramatically. This book is a gift from God. I highly recommend it for young ladies trying to follow God's narrow path.
on 12 May 1998
This book is so convicting. These woman KNOW how women think and operate..christian women are no exception. We all long to find "Mr. Right"..this book stresses that GOD is the only one who can really fulfill ALL our needs. Lady in Waiting is really about becoming a more self confident Princess of the King and WAITING on HIS choice mate for our lives. Like Adam..we should be asleep until he picks our mate. No more Manipulation...no more going to church to "Find a man"..if you are SINGLE you Should read this...I promise you..IT WILL change your life. Charlene Garrett
on 25 February 1999
This book has an incredible way of making you feel good about yourself as a single lady. We don't need a man to make us complete. As christian ladies, we all have a lot of living to do (before we get married)! Mr. Right might be waiting around the corner or it could take a few years before he's found. Whatever the situation; we should all live our lives for God to the fullest of our abilities! Single women have a lot to offer the Kingdom!!! This book helped me to see that I'm important now....not when I'm married!