Customer reviews

on 24 April 2013
I read this having loved Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend, and was not disappointed with this funny and engaging story. I highly recommend this quirkily brilliant book, and can't wait to read more from this author, who seems to be published in the UK under the name Matthew Green rather than Matthew Dicks.

I'm trying to think of comparisons - if you like that, you'll like this - but it's such an original story that I can't. All I can say is that usually I pass paperbacks on and don't ask for them back, but I have written my name in this book, and lent it to the people I love.
on 18 January 2018
Great story! Quick delivery
on 1 August 2014
Brilliant book. Read it and love it. Find room in your heart for Martin, whose quirks and foibles will both entertain and baffle you. The story is steady, meticulous, list-like, but picks up pace towards the end for a breathtaking, heart pumping, finale.
on 16 June 2015
A little slow to start, but an easy and enjoyable read after a long day at work.
on 6 January 2015
a good read
on 5 February 2015
Slow-burner. Second half of the book was superb. Would recommend to most. Particularly those that enjoyed Something About Rosie. Quirky and heart-warming.