Customer reviews

on 2 June 2017
Amazingly helpful financial book. Every person should be financially educated. I feel sorry I haven't had read it long ago...I would have made different life decisions
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 March 2007
Women have disadvantages when it comes to handling money, says author David Bach. Having been brought up to believe that finances are a man's responsibility, some women don't even know their family's income. Although his book is addressed to "smart women," Bach's goal setting and investing guide is helpful to men, also. He does love his bullet points and numbered lists: in addition to the "nine steps" of the subtitle, there are "three myths," "ten biggest mistakes" and more. But, the lists help make his recommendations memorable and easy to use. Bach implies that he is revealing revolutionary techniques, but actually his advice is basic wisdom that emphasizes values and adopting sensible practices. We recommend this book to you if you find it easier to talk about sex, religion and politics than about money or if you're only making minimum monthly payments on your credit card - so try not to get turned off by Bach's ever-wise grandmother (is she for real?) or his constant promotion of his books, trademarked seminars and other services.
on 4 October 2012
This book is a must for all those people putting their head in the sand over their financial situation and not knowing where or how to start or how to improve things. It gives practical immediate advice and strategies that no other book has come close to providing. It is like having your own very good financial advisor who is also your personal coach and motivator.
The only negative aspect is that it is an American version referencing American retirement policies/tax legislation etc so a uk version would be great. But this is a minor issue considering the quality and scope of this book.
It is a wake up call that I really needed and has really changed my attitude to money.
It has changed my life. The sooner you buy it, read it and read it again, the better....
If you don't live in the US and don't have a 401k (pension), then some of this book might be difficult to read. But if you can read past that, then David Bach still has some valuable tips for you. Of course, most of it is sound logic: to get rich, the answer is (just) not in getting more money, but in spending less money. Simple, right? But David shows you some very easy tricks to make this actually happen, and save a small fortune in the end.
By the way ladies... any idea how your household finances are doing? I do actually, and from what I hear from women around me, so do they. The assumption David makes that women leave the finances to their husbands, seems a little outdated. We're getting more and more into stocks, savings, investments and mortgages.
Good luck with becoming a millionairess!
on 23 March 2013
... or remind you of what you already know but don't do. Try it out if you want to have more money in your life.
on 15 November 2009
This is another great book by David Bach. The author borrows a lot of ideas from his previous book Smart Couples Finish Rich. I absolutely love the answer that the author's mom gave him when he asked her,

"What really makes the world go round - money or love?"

Her reply was, "David, love is what makes life special...but without money you are in deep trouble!"

This is so true, but unfortunately our educational system fails to educate us about money. When it comes to money we are on our own. This book provides solid financial advice for everyone, but it is obviously targeted toward women. It addresses issues that women are concerned about.

- Mariusz Skonieczny, author of Why Are We So Clueless about the Stock Market? Learn how to invest your money, how to pick stocks, and how to make money in the stock market
on 24 April 2014
After reading the preview I knew I had to get the rest of it. The book is both educational and inspiring, I definitely recommend this to women.
on 28 November 2014
Fortunately, I received a free complimentary copy of Smart Women Finish Rich by David Bach after attending a seminar that was recently held in Bethesda, Maryland. I found out about the seminar through both an ad featured on one of the local newspapers and an e-mail from Washingtonian magazine. I wish to avoid sharing extensive details on what prompted me to take the area of personal finance more seriously. However, I do feel comfortable admitting that I realized that I needed to evaluate how I can make some changes to both my spending habits and increasing my income after receiving an e-mail with a quiz that helps to uncover which unconscious belief was affecting my money patterns. I wish that I could remember and credit all the names involved in sending this lifechanging e-mail (in my yahoo inbox)but I think it might have been one of the e-mails from being an e-mail mailing list by Gillian Hood. I took the quiz and uncovered that the unconscious limiting belief affecting my abundance the most was money is not that important. I reluctantly admit that this was an important revelation for me because I have frequently heard the idea of money is not that important communicated through various people both within/as well as outside the spiritual/new-age community. My husband went with me for support because he was aware that going to the seminar and allowing myself to receive Smart Women Finish Rich by David Bach was the first step towards me healing and taking action towards dealing with my limited conscious belief of money is not that important. This book contains both motivational and informational angles to personal finance. For instance, pages 82-83 touch on how to persist in the face of financial feasts and challenges. Bach includes a chart to implement to get around the financial tests of life. The Latte factor is covered in both the seminar and this book. It is hard for me to admit that my latte factor is obviously books and cds. Therefore I understand that it is up to me to find a healthy balance between being more financially moderate when balancing my latte factor with saving at least 12 percent or more of each employment paycheck. The latte factor is discussed in pages 87-105. Pages 106-210 discuss the three basket approach to saving (security, retirement, and dream baskets). The Finish Rich Success stories (pages 283-300) actually inspire and motivate me towards taking intuitive action to be one of those success stories within 16 years from the time of this written review (or earlier).
on 25 January 2015
I love this book. All women should buy this one.
on 13 February 2014
bot this copy for my friend since it had been recommended to her by her up line but 'was too busy' to look for it. she thanked me as though I had given her £1m for birthday present.