on 26 January 2015
I love this book. If you've always been big for unknown reasons, struggled to lose weight or followed 'the same diet which worked for your friend' and had absolutely NO success, then read this. It explains how we are all on a spectrum of nutritional needs and while some people are fine with high carb / low fat, others among us would do a lot better on low carb / high fat. This book is about refuting the myth of that one-size, so-called healthy diet that the nutritonal 'experts' and most internet websites say we should be eating. There is no one size fits all cure for weight and health problems! So buy this book and find out what foods really suit your body and metabolic make up.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 December 2012
This book arrived promptly and in excellent condition. I found it most enlightening. The author identifies different styles of eating that influence the right choice of diet and questionnaires help you decide which style is natural to you. I saw things about myself that I had never understood before and began to understand the solution that would suit me best. Although the only way to lose weight is actually to choose a diet and follow it, sometimes we do not understand why we find that almost (or entirely) impossible. This book can help you break through the emotional barriers to losing weight.
on 1 April 2014
This is an interesting read. It has changed my understanding of the kind of foods I thought were beneficial to my health and wellbeing. I would recommend it to those of us who have struggled over the years with trying to eat a healthy diet with foods that suit our metaboloc type. This book has been a true revelation.
on 28 May 2010
if you're looking to improve your wellbeing, suffer from a chronic disease or just need more energy, this is one book that will give you a lot of answers. In a manner of speaking, it'll help you find yourself and give you tools to stay healthy, feeling and looking good.
happy reading
on 27 February 2004
I came across this book when I was searching for information on metabolism. Mine had shut down. I was gaining 1 kg a month without gym, 1/2 kg with gym. I was sleeping through the day as well as through the night. I had no energy whatsoever, and it was quite clear that my food was not fuelling me as it should. Yet my blood tests and thyroid levels were all quite normal. I bought the book and did the self test. I came out as a protein type. So I stopped eating my controlled calorie low fat diet and started on red meat, cream, butter, oil. What a turnaround. I now stay awake all day! I can actually do things without needing a three hour nap! I've even lost a very small amount of weight, but that fades in importance compared to the improvement in energy. Your internal metabolism not only controls how you react to the food you eat, but also to vitamins, minerals, and other supplements. I don't know how anyone can be a nurse, a doctor or a dietician without knowing this stuff. I think a regular metabolic typing test ought to be compulsory for everyone. Regular? Yes. Your metabolism can change, especially when you start feeding it the right food. There's a lot more to this book than just the self-test, and it's all worth reading.
0Comment| 217 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 August 2011
Following the negative and pointless reviews regarding metabolic typing; it would be impossible to notice any benefits when only trying the system for 2 days?!! Lets get a perspective on how nutrition and the body's metabolism actually works. Nutrition builds a better body thats no lie. There are no quick fixes especially none that could actually work within 48 hours! "A blood cell lasts 60-120 days, in 3-4 months your whole blood supply is completely replaced, in 6 months all of the proteins in your body die and are replaced, even the DNA of your genes. In a year all of your bones and even the enamel on your teeth is replaced, constructed entirely out of the nutrients you eat" (Dr Micheal Colgan. This point alone should stand out and tell you that nutrition is a process like a project,just a suggestion for negative reviewees do your research thoroughly before hand.

This book does state that is not a prescription to superhuman health in the short term; but if you stick with the program that suits your metabolic type then you should see improvements. Anyone who is thinking of trying this form of nutrition should consult a metabolic typing practitioner, so that your diet and nutrition plan can be updated effectively. Their tests are much more conclusive and give a better indication to what metabolic type you are. Also one thing to remember is that your type can shift and if you dont address it you may get ill as your body will not be getting the right balance of macro-nutriants that it needs.

Right moan and lecture over, this is an incredible book the information is well researched and the results of metabolic typing speak for themselves!! I've read many other books with similar ideas and concepts but none of these books address the complexities of the bodies reactions to nutrients like this one, it is years ahead of any material out there within this area.
Another positive to the book is that I found it to be completely unbiased with its views to carbohydrates, fats and proteins.

Bill Wilcott captures the mind with his style of writing I found this book very easy to read and great when referring back to it, it also had a good reference list which lead me to further reading which is always helpful.
on 12 January 2011
This book is such an essential read, you need to know your metabolic type! It will totally change your life you will feel amazing as i did when i found out what i should be eating. Well done Dr William Wolcott.
on 9 March 2013
Spurious nonsense with little evidence and poor 'evaluation' tools. Doesn't work well on a kindle at all due to tools being located within the book.
on 24 February 2010
I found it very easy to read, for a scientific based book. There is a test as to what your 'type' is which confirmed that I am a carbo type. I have switched to the proportions that it states and haven't looked back. I have lost weight and it really feels that I'm not on a diet, rather I'm eating quite a lot of food, and more of a life change - for the better.
on 9 July 2012
Although much of this book is useful it is of very limited use to vegetarians. The questionnaire at the core of the book only applies to meat eaters so you cannot identify your 'type'. The writer tends to dismiss vegatarian diets as unhealthy without exploring the options avaailable to vegetarians to compensate for possible limitations to a vegetarian diet e.g. Omega can be sourced by vegetarain means. The blurb about the book on the product page needs revising to make sure you know what you are buying.