Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 6 March 2013
I must start off by saying that I am a huge Ben Bova fan and was looking forward to reading this continuation of his Orion series. This book does a good job in that, but I have to say it is the weakest of the story lines in this series.
I did find it entertaining all the way through and as usual it is pretty educational, that is a part of his writing that I enjoy a lot, but the story, although seeming to be a good idea, got to be a bit tame. Having said that, I hope there are more to come in the Orion series.
on 13 January 2014
I haven't read a Ben Bova book in a long time. I decided to plump for this book after talking with a friend about favourite authors. I remember absolutely loving Orion in the dying time. All I can say is I find it very shallow and unrealistic. I know it is fantasy and therefor a prerequisite is to switch off incredulity but this book really does live up to its cover. Very disappointing!
on 12 August 2013
This series is consistently good, it is a unique concept in science fiction/fantasy, and the historical interpretation is enlightening. It is, perhaps, time that the series is concluded.
on 20 June 2016
Not as good as previous books in this series.