on 26 May 2013
I rather like this. I don't usually buy books on "true" American ghost stories because they don't seem as...what's the word?...realistic... as our own grown ghosts. I'm a big fan of Tom Slemen's Haunted Liverpool books and I like the idea of normal people telling their tales rather than something obscure from way back when. This book contains very readable, very interesting tales from everyday life in the US. I wasn't keen on the folklore section as I heard it all before, however, the rest of the book is well worth reading. Buy this and while away a couple of hours enjoying great short tales of ghostliness on the highways of the US.
on 21 February 2013
I love true ghost stories. I have an insatiable appetite for them. I cannot tell you how many ghost story books I have bought over the years, so I would like to think that I'm a bit of an expert on them. I loved Trucker Ghost Stories. It's a collection of true tales, told by ordinary people in everyday language. It's easy to read and very addictive at the same time. I would recommend this book to anyone who is fascinated by things that go bump in the night. Buy yourself a copy, brew a nice, hot, steaming mug of coffee and then sit back for an interesting read.
on 27 November 2012
an ideal Christmas gift for proffesional trucker, I'm hoping it won't be too scary when he's tucked up in his cab bed
on 7 March 2015
Some good tales here. A good starting point for further research.
on 22 November 2013
out of the three shown here, so far I have only read Trucker Ghost Stories, Although there were some good stories in it, I wasn't that impressed with them, But,they were interesting.