on 9 August 2013
This is the second book in the series, we find Linnet in Hollywood co-chairing an arbitration, with her vampire boss David - the dispute? do the Alfar (elves) have more of an advantage when going for acting parts within the film industry. Add that some Alfar appear to be going on a killing spree, things in tinsel town are tense.
What I love about this series is that it is not one dimensional, it has layers and I like layers, her inner dialogue, quick thinking and observations had me both chuckling and just wanting more. I especially liked the working relationship with David, although not always comfortable you actually see the rapport and respect growing.
PB does not romanticise the 'Powers' , what a refreshing change! you see their mistakes, vulnerabilities and flaws, with mini plots going on around the main drama, I was not bored.
Add an excellent plot, this is no run of the mill fantasy. I have given 5 stars because of how much I enjoyed the story and varied characters any niggles where washed away.. It real helped me escape for a few hours, great entertainment and narration. Now hurry up PB and bring out the next one..

I would start with 'This Case is Gonna Kill Me' which is the first in the series, which starts off with Linnets first case.
on 19 August 2016
Vampires and Lawyers, a match made in ? They get along - just professional courtersey I suppose. The single white female lawyer hero is OK, most of the others including the luuv interest tend to be ciphers of which you know little. Still, a good undemanding read, better than most TV shows.