Customer reviews

on 22 September 2016
I love the Dummies series, and had to buy this book again because it's the workout plan I've done without getting bored. I highly recommend it.
on 29 July 1998
I love this book. This is a book for people who are basically brand new to exercising and healthy living, in a sense. The book goes through basic workouts to get anyone started on the road to health. I am an exercise sports science major with a minor in nutrition, and I have reccommended this book, as well as, Nutrition for Dummies, Weight Training for Dummies and Fitness for Dummies, to many of my personal training clients. I love the whole line of books. I love the fact that someone thought to write books that people with no background in the subject area could use, and get something great out of the reading, and especially understand it. My clients have even reccommended the books to other friends and family. I even get referals off of the books, when they are reccommmended. Good job guys.
15 people found this helpful
on 24 December 2012
Im not an expert but I knew most of whats in here. Its more for women as it refers to the female body shapes ect Arrived quick good condition.
on 14 January 2006
Tamilee Webb should stick to the workout videos she plugs within this text. Every other page contains content of questionable relevance, such as basic descriptions of DNA.
The book assumes that you’re a woman which gets frustrating. Being published in 1998 you would have thought that they had proof read it by now.
“You count 7 beats in 10 seconds: 10x7 = 70 beats per minute.” Page 90.
However if you can overlook the mistakes and the content padding, this book does provide a wealth of fitness moves along with tips for doing them in the home.
Not an enjoyable read. Not a complete waste of cash.
7 people found this helpful