on 12 March 2004
I've been using and recommending OOo since it was released, and will recommend this book as a good value reference for beginners and intermediate users. The book is very readable and full of useful hints and tips.
It also includes a CD Rom with installers for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX - very handy if all you've got is dial-up.
on 23 March 2014
I have been using Open Office for some time and wanted more information on the DataBase. This book is totally useless because it has no section whatsoever on the DataBase. It may be a preliminary, draft but if it is, it should not be on sale with a large section completely missing.

Patrick.
on 15 March 2010
Like other Dummies books I have used, this one is very clear, easy to " look up ", and covers a great deal in a compact format. Good value too. I recommend it. S>M>
on 8 March 2009
Having bought my wife an Acer Aspier one netbook, it was necessary to have a simple instruction manual for the programme installed. Past experience of "DUMMIES" has been good, but my wife, having no computer experience, found the jargon to be confusing. It has helped, but one needs to have at least some experience of word processing etc for it to be very useful.
on 16 March 2009
This book is reasonably helpful but could have been more informative with the addressing of envelopes and printing address labels.
Not up to the standard of other "Dummies" books which I have used.
on 9 April 2013
A good reference book for all those using Open Office software. Easy to understand and easy to reference. Maybe slightly patronising but still a good read.
on 26 April 2014
Want to know all, I mean all about open office?

Thisis the book which is the is a must read book.
on 31 January 2014
the book I received as above, to me it is very very helpful in my setting up my presentations for my work.
on 21 July 2016
As good as you would expect from the 'Dummies' series..
on 22 October 2015
Very pleased with prouct,price and delivery