Customer reviews

on 9 January 2001
This is a very heavy, and seemingly comprehensive manual. But, it will not suit everyone.
If you have NEVER used a graphics package before, then DO NOT buy this book.
It does a very good job of explaining what the tools are, and what they are for, but does not explain in absolute basic terms how to create buttons, images etc. I would suggest that an absolute beginner would be better off starting with a Dummies type guide until they are comfortable with the interface.
A word of advice, don't try using Paint Shop Pro, because it's just as hard to learn. Perservere with Fireworks, and the reward will be yours!
*In conclusion* A fantastically comprehensive book for experianced users of graphics programs, but I expect a bible to be able to work magic for beginers, and this one falls way short of the mark...
on 9 October 2000
Do you really realise how much you can do with Fireworks? I didn't, until I bought this...
I've spruced up my webwork so much, in so little time, that the 30-odd quid for this book is perfectly justified. Text has leaped out of the screen, using the library and symbols has become second nature (after a long time of struggling), and Joseph Lowery is now on my Christmas card list.
There really is so much to this book that the manual and tutorials fail to cover (at least in an easy to grasp manner), such as disjoint rollovers, animation, etc.
If you'd ever like to get paid for your web design, invest in this; it'll make your life so much simpler. I've now got the time to get to work on Dreamweaver!
on 6 September 2000
I personally found this book's contents great. Like most of the bible series, these books cover every aspect of the program; they are informative and easy to digest, they suit beginners and professionals alike. I keep this book as well as Lowerys Dreamweaver bible by my desk at all times and constantly use them for reference...If you only get one job from the knowledge you gain from this book... Happy building.