on 6 April 2010
To summarize this book as "read the Bible everyday and God will mentor you" would be both accurate and unfair at the same time. Accurate because the heart of this book is that by reading and reflecting on the Bible day by day, God will mentor us, and so build us into the people He wants us to be. Unfair because this book is much more than that--it is winsomely written, inspiring, and very practical. The author outlines a simple process for reading and reflecting upon the Bible, and shows many examples of the approach. If there is a weakness, it is that the book may encourage people to jump from Observation (what the text says) to Application (what is means to me today), without first going through the crucial step of Interpretation. Overall, however, this is an encouraging and worthwhile read, and it is beautifully written.
on 15 November 2014
This book touches on some interesting points but it doesn't expand on it or explore it in any depth. For example, it states that there will be a falling away from the faith because of an absent love in the church, or treasures that have been missing in a person's life. It doesn't tell you, however, how you can go on living in the church without love or things that are missing in your life. If there is no love in your church for you, it is almost inevitable that you will stop going to that church and temporarily fall away from the faith until you find another spiritual home.

In another chapter, he mentions that no one suddenly falls away from the faith. There is a gradual spiritual starvation of believers who are undernourished in terms of fellowship and teaching. This will inevitably lead to an absence of church attendance and a gradual falling away. However, the book doesn't address how the church should nourish its malnourished members. It highlights the issues, but doesn't supply any solutions.
on 30 August 2014
Well written & highly readable, meet the Biblical mentors and learn from their successes and failures. Grow in grace & strength!
on 23 August 2013
This book makes you realise how amazing the Bible really is!

There are so much more we can learn from it, than we think... We don't have to bump our own heads with the choices we make in life. God's Word has all the answers to everything life throws at us.

Recommended for believers, new-believers and non-believers.

Wayne Cordeiro is a brilliant writer/motivator/speaker
on 27 December 2012
I found this book to be a real challenge to me to take me deeper in my faith. The title seemed strange but am finding the book as the spur I need to get me to spend productive time with God, perhaps not 40 mins a day as yet but who knows as things progress.
on 28 April 2015
Like how he analysed each person in the bible. Another book that does this is lineage of grace by Francine Rivers there is also a male verdion of her novel.
on 30 January 2014
excellent value for money. a good read. I liked the speed of delivery and it was well protected. I would recommend this book to anyone
on 28 January 2014
Made me really think of how I am sharing Christ with others. I would recommend this to anyone who is feeling that they could do more.
on 20 May 2016
This is one of the best books I have ever read - I recommend it to every Christian - it will transform your walk with God
on 19 August 2015
Inspiring and very readable.