on 2 August 2017
Must have book for students or those speaking, living in France. Easy to use an with all the main verbs and routes to the remaining ones.
on 20 December 2014
Bought for my husband who is very pleased with it. I have yet to understand it!
He says it is well worth the money and is a great help to him learning French.
on 10 April 2011
The content of the book really is very good ...BUT ... the tables that form a major part of the book are completely unreadable on a kindle device.

However if you are seeking to use it on Kindle for mac or similar, it is still a worthwhile reference ... i imagine it would be marginal on an IPAD but havent tried.

Dont buy if you want to use it on just your kindle device.
on 12 November 2007
This book is easy to follow and packed with practical information even beyond my expectation. I had been looking for a book that entails French verb conjugation comprehensively. I am really pleased to encounter this book. Among others, I found the "English-French verb index" on the back part of it very useful. This book does not intend to list word by word how to conjugate all the French verbs. But the index can guide you to spot easily the form of the model verb that has a similar conjugation, which means that this book can almost be used as an all-inclusive reference book on French verb conjugation. This means a lot to me, because I don't have to consult other reference books.

Highly recommended!
VINE VOICEon 4 March 2008
I bought this book after securing employment with a European Union institution, which would involve me living and working in a French speaking country. As a result, I needed resources to help make my French much cleaner and natural. I found it was a major part of my French improving, to the point where within 6-8 months, I could read EU Commission documents in French with 90%+ understanding. Strongly recommended, although you will need other types of book to augment your French. This book was a vital tool.

I was torn between buying this, and the extremely friendly looking "555" verbs by another publisher. My advice is do not believe that because this title only has 501 verbs, it is inferior. This book is superior to other titles for one main reason. That is, every verb is presented well, and various useful vocabulary items which have their root in that verb are shown as well. This allows you to build up your vocabulary as well as verb conjugation. There are also plenty of examples for each verb (c. 6-8 words), unlike other titles which may only have one or two.

The book is not without weaknesses. One weakness is it is not very portable, so if you want this book to carry around on holiday, forget it. Another slight weakness is that the explanation of verb tenses are not particularly "readable", full of technical linguistic terms that are unnecessary.

All in all, this book is an excellent resource for those wishing to learn French.
on 17 September 2012
I have this in paperback and it's great. Unfortunately with the kindle version the search gives a whole string of locations when searching for a verb to check its conjugation - hundreds sometimes. I NOW TRY SEARCHING USING THE PRESENT PARTICIPLE and this will sometimes give the location of the verb conjugation upfront. I don't know why they can't get this search right for the French version as the 'Barrons 501 Spanish verbs' is great on kindle
on 13 July 2009
This book is invaluable to me. I recently started to learn French for the first time and this book is easy to use and has lots more than just verbs inside.
VINE VOICEon 28 October 2009
My French teacher recommended this to her class of adult learners. It is very well laid out and once I had brushed off the cobwebs from my ancient brain, this book has really helped to revise/learn the most useful verbs.
on 10 March 2011
Bought as a verb reference on Kindle. The search facilities are not up to the job when you just want to look up a verb and check the tenses. Not recommended, buy a paper version.
on 27 April 2009
This is mainly for use by my wife who is studying French conversation, it has proved after a few uses to be easy and beneficial, our French neighbours whose children are learning English find it a useful book as well