Customer reviews

on 12 April 2017
Excellent
on 25 September 2013
I bought this to help me understand my new Viszla puppy, the book does give you plenty of info but it is a bit dated.
However can't fault the dispatch and condition of the book for 2nd hand.
on 30 August 2017
Ok but not as detailed or as specific to the breed as required. More of a basic book for people who have not owned dogs before.
on 4 May 2010
I bought this book last year before we brought home our lovely Vizsla puppy. What I like most is the style of writing that does not assume that everyone who wants to look after a dog is available 24 hours a day and actually has other things to do. The author seems to welcome you to the Vizsla Club with open arms! I got lots of useful advice and tips. Having lost my first copy I had to order another even though our puppy is now a year old as the advice is still worth having close to hand. Covers most aspects of bringing a dog home and incorporating him or her into family life but also goes into a lot of detail about how to train a Viszla to hunt, point and retrieve. It's the best book I've found about these lovely dogs.
on 7 February 2009
Everyone thinking of owning a Vizsla should read this book, it tells you everything you need to know or ever wondered about the breed.
on 13 October 2009
The book is a broad overview however it is an old version which is dated. The pictures are mainly black and white drawing type illustrations and very few colour pictures are included.

Doesn't really cover many elements of puppy years, training etc just overview of different aspects of the Vizsla.

It does have a little section on first aid.
on 12 November 2012
Had all the info we needed and an easy read , , ,, , , , , , , , l l
on 18 April 2014
We are the proud ownes of a Vizsla pup, having never had a Vizsla before, and this is a really good, well written and informed book about Vizslas. Very useful and helpful.
on 9 May 2015
This is ok and had some good tips but a bit too American for owners in the UK. Not as specific to vizslas as I had hoped - more just good advice for dog owners.
on 15 December 2014
This book is interesting reading and helps you with all you need to know, but I thought it would have been thicker.