TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 May 2016
My 2 year old son is a big Maisy fan and I bought this to add to my book collection. We've had it a few weeks now and he loves it and has never become bored of it. When he climbs on my lap with a bundle of books this one is always amongst them ! It's a simple book lifting a flap on each page to look for Maisy. Then finally saying "knock knock who's there" and opening the door on the last page to find her there. When I first saw it I thought the novelty would wear off very quickly as it is such a simple little book but there is something about it that he just loves.I'm really glad I bought it.
on 4 March 2001
This is a must for all young children. My daughter received it aged 12 months and its the most read book she has. She digs it out of her box of books, she gets very excited and on the last page we have to keep knocking at the door over and over to see Maisy again. We also have the book Happy Birthday Maisy. Its a winner too!!
on 15 November 2000
All I have to say to my 14 month old is "Where's Maisy?" and she goes crazy. Since she was 11 months old, she eagerly sits on my lap, looks for Maisy in the tree, stable etc and when we get to the end and I say "Knock, knock" she squeals with delight. What a great book.... more of the same please!!!
on 17 November 2000
My little girl will hunt round to find this, her favourite book. She has had this since she was 12 mths old and now knows all the words. She loves the flaps and loves calling out Maisy's name when we are looking in all the places Maisy can be. A must have for all parents.
on 11 August 2002
I bought this for my daughter's 1st birthday and she took to Maisy straightaway and even now as she approaches 2 she still requests that we read this book to her. From the simple story to the wonderful illustrations and the easy to open flaps this is the perfect way of introducing any child to the joys of reading and Maisy!!
on 19 March 2008
As lift-the-flap books go this has to be one of the best out there for younger children. My daughter has had this from about 8 months and none of the flaps are ripped or loose. She loved Maisy and the other characters from the word go. Simple but effective book that provides much enjoyment.
VINE VOICEon 25 July 2016
Where is Maisy is a lovely little board book with flaps to open as a young listener hunts for the eponymous hero and finds plenty of other characters along the way. It is a simple story with repetition on most of the pages so is easy for those very early in the development of their love of books to understand and then later on join in.

The board book is sturdy having been tested by five different pairs of small hands. It is small enough to be held fairly early on so is a good book to introduce the feel and shape of reading. The flaps inside are at greater risk of tearing, the glue that holds the flaps together did not last forever but it is a simple matter to put them to rights.

The Maisie style of illustration is easy to enjoy for a very young audience. The book contains simple, bold illustrations without too much clutter. Many of the images are characters from the Maisy universe such as Charlie Crocodile, Tallullah Chicken, and Cyril Squirrel so can be recognised from other Maisy books.

A slight downside to Where is Maisy is the repetition of No. A young child probably could do without a reminder of that early favourite word on each alternate page.

As an early board book to encourage the participation of a very young listener, Where is Maisy is a great little story. It holds up well physically and is a fun and engaging way for those practicing listening and a bit of fine manipulation to spend some quality time.
on 3 May 2011
unlike "Maisy's Bedtime' or 'Maisy's Bathtime' this title 'Where is Maisy' lacks any narrative. My 14 month old daughter loves the bedtime and bathtime stories but very quickly was bored with this title. I suggest maybe buying this for a younger child than 14 months as its still has all the lovely illustrations but its not engaging enough for an older child.
on 18 June 1999
This book is popular with toddlers -- who are familiar with Maisy from television -- and also with babies -- who enjoy the pulling and lifting the flaps. The book may not last long in the hands of a baby, however, so you might consider ordering a spare! Maisy mouse is a character who endears herself remarkably well to this age group.
on 25 August 2012
Had previously bought "where's maisy's panda?", which our toddlers love. Bought this expecting much the same and was not disappointed. Fold open flaps are a great idea, although easy to rip off for babies! Would recommend - perfect for our kids (18months).