on 12 June 2009
Encyclopedia Mythologica: Fairies and Magical Creatures (Encyclopedia Mythologica)
Not really a book for young children because the text is quite sophisticated, this wonderful pop-up will be more appreciated by young adults and anyone who is interested in myths and legends. The paper craft of Robert Sabuda is breathtaking and each page of this delightful book is like a little bit of magic in itself. I bought the book because I already own "The Night before Christmas", also a Robert Sabuda pop-up, and one which I also recommend and I hope that everyone who buys this Encyclopedia has as much pleasure with it as I have. It's an absolute treasure.
review image review image review image
on 26 December 2008
This is the most wonderful book. No little girl should be without it if she is interested in fairy folk. It is alive with colour and the 'come to life' images encourages any childs imagination. Each page is a delightful introduction to fairy legends from around the world with a surprise in every corner. Not for tiny fingers but all Mums and Grannies should have it for sharing. Just magical!
on 5 April 2009
This book is an absolute delight. I have many books containing fairies and mythical beasts but this is the one that produced childhood delight when i opened it. A visual delight for the young and old and beautifully done. I highly recommend this book.
on 9 June 2010
Just gave a copy of this to my daughter for her birthday and sh loved it. The pop up creations jump out of the page at you, some of them creating scenes that are twice the size of the book. The most amazing for me is the fairy whose wings flap as the page is opened.

Children seem to be careful with these books as they exude a "something special" charm.
on 5 November 2010
I read a customer's review of this book on Amazon which really got me interested. I then ordered a copy for myself mainly to see if it would be suitable for my nieces. I was amazed how wonderful this hardcover Encyclopedia book is - even grown ups were fascinated. It is beautifully produced,and when you look inside it with so many interesting little pockets to open as well as various 'pop-up' pictures to view.It's enchanting. I immediately sent a copy to my niece. She was thrilled and said "even young men have been perusing it and everyone finds it fascinating fun". It's not suitable for very young children,although you could always put a copy away to save for the future - but it is recommended for children of 5yrs - upwards. It makes an excellent gift for birthdays and Christmas. A real bargain. I often look at my copy. Words cannot do it justice - you must see it to believe it.
on 17 August 2010
What a great pop up book!...I think it's the best i've ever seen!it's brilliant! My daughter adores this book!and so do I! The factual information is really interesting as I thought there were lesser known facts in there too.I would recommend this book to anyone! pop ups all over the place!-just great! and great price too... bravo!
on 20 October 2010
Oh how wonderful is this book! Every page is a delight and I could not believe my eyes when I saw that in addition to the amazing big pop ups there are four more smaller pop ups on each page. I did buy it for my grandaughter but I have to keep it for myself so have sent for another one. The price on this book is [...] so for a price of [...] it is an unbelievable bargain. I am now looking at the other books in the series.
on 31 August 2010
A beautiful book, truly magical. I bought this book for my God-daughter and liked it so much, I have ordered several books for all my other friends children and one for myself!
on 18 November 2011
Beautiful book, such detail in the pop ups that causes amazement for the reader! Especially suited to children of age 7+ years.
on 6 February 2012
Another beautifully made book... lots of delightful fairy characters & lots of them hidden in the book as well. This is for adults or extremely careful older children - due to it's delicate make-up. I love it !