on 7 October 2013
Bought this for us to read to my five year old grand daughter and two year old grandson as they have been used to these stories shown on children's TV known as Tinga Tinga tales from Africa and so far the book version has gone down well to the point that Martha is trying to read it herself.

The illustrations are not that vibrant, but they do the job OK and although this is a book that has been around for a great many years it still does talk to the new younger generation, in fact it talks to us all.
on 7 November 2017
Bought for a present for a child, she loves it and they were doing Rudyard Kipling at school (I would rather have a Mr Kipling day at school though).
on 15 August 2017
Beautiful child-friendly illustrations and very well presented text, it is just disappointing that it only contains 8 of the 12 stories from the original book.
on 29 July 2014
Bought for my grand children who absolutely loved the stories. They delighted in learning lots of new words even though the prose was dated. They will value this book for ever. It took me back to my childhood!n
on 26 May 2013
You can view these stories for free as the text is out of copyright, however the illustrations make this a great edition. Language not appropriate for modern readers has been edited out and each story is illustrated by a different illustrator and in very different styles. I bought this as a teaching book and share some of the stories in assemblies for 5-11 yr olds. They seem to enjoy them.
on 13 March 2015
Bought this for a baby's first birthday as a keep sake as I love these stories. The illustrations are beautiful and I know he will love it as he grows up
on 28 December 2012
I bought this for my little grandson for bedtime reading. It is a beautiful book which tells the Rudyard Kipling stories I remember as a child. I am sure my grandson will enjoy it. It arrived on time (I wanted to give it to him for Christmas) and was in very good condition.
on 14 September 2016
Perfect for young learner readers
on 25 July 2016
Beautiful edition of an old favourite, and 6 year old children were including "insatiable curiosity" in their writing with gusto.
on 9 December 2016