Format: Hardcover|Change

on 30 September 2011
This is just the most amazing book. It is beautifully produced with amazingly detailed pop-ups and informative, concise, interesting text. Then there are the little books with even more fantastic pop-ups on every page. I have never seen such a wonderful creation. I bought it as a Christmas present for a five year old who loves dinosaurs but it should become an heirloom. I would be pleased to receive it myself! How on earth can this wonder be produced for the price?
on 11 December 2009
This book is superb, if you know anyone interested in Dinosaurs buy it, don't hesitate, when you receive it you will see why. It's not suitable for children under 5/6 depending on the child as the pages are full of pop ups and could easily be damaged. But it is fantastic for children and adults alike. BUY IT!!!!!
on 25 September 2015
Every child who loves dinosaurs should have this book. It is a spectacular pop up with some really impressive dinosaurs, lots of real information and smaller pop up sections in the corners to open.

A brilliant present for any child (or adult) who likes dinosaurs, I have already bought about 3 as presents.

My daughter loves it.
on 7 June 2012
The combination of the book and two tubs of play dough worked brilliantly as a long half term project for myself and two grandchildren.

There was enough action in the pop ups to engage the 3 year olds imagination and energy and enough information in the written content to satisfy the thirst for knowledge and the creativity of the 7 year old.

6 pages of popups over a six day holiday worked well. The children were excited for the next wet day and the next page with the modelling and acting that it sponsored. I can recommend it for any grandmother left to entertain her grandchildren!!!
on 3 January 2015
Truly amazing book. Bought it for my nephew - who like me is dinosaur mad.

He took one look and just said ' awesome'

It is beautifully put together and the pop ups are just stunning

Really recommend this book
on 19 January 2015
My nephew loved the book and it's numerous pop ups! I was super impressed with the amount of pop ups in the book. Would definitely recommend it as a present.

Also all dino names have pronunciations... So no more guess work!
on 16 January 2015
Can't stress how amazing the quality of the Pop-Ups are in this book.

Also have to mention, just cos you get one in the set (they have other books too, such as one on fairies) doesn't mean they are all as good as each other. We got the "Fairies and Magical Creatures" one too and weren't impressed with the written content. Sure it's about the pop-ups, but it's incomplete for a growing child without decent content.

Kids really loved the dinosaur one in her class (she was 5 when we bought it) and also.. do take note, don't buy it used. These pop-ups are gorgeously artistic but quite delicate. We bought the fairy one used and not all the Pop-Ups closed properly and I thought it might just be a simple repositioning, but I couldn't fix them.

So.. all in all - thumbs up for the Dino one - educational, entertaining and breathtaking :)
on 17 November 2007
I bought this for my nephew's third birthday & it was a massive hit. I was a bit concerned as the dinosaurs are quite impressionistic but all concerned were amazed and enthralled & it's set to be a top book throughout his childhood as he grows into the different things the book has to offer.
If you only ever buy one pop-up book then buy this one. It's just amazing. Each page has a huge pop-up dinosaur. On the corners of the page are four flaps which lift to reveal a series of smaller pop-ups ranging from mini dinosaurs to fossils/bones. The book is packed with scientific fact and historical detailing so you get the best of both worlds; the kids are entertained and educated at the same time. I do have a word of caution and it's probably something you've already considered but worth a mention just in case. Don't give this to children who haven't yet learnt to sit quietly and appreciate their books. It takes very little force to rip this beautiful artwork. One of those books that falls into the 'special' category and one I'm hoping will survive so I can put it away and save it for the next generation.
on 15 December 2013
This beautiful book came cellophane wrapped and it is for a gift so I haven't seen inside yet but the cover is very sturdy and I can see a glimpse of the beautiful artwork inside as it is peeping through the edges! Looking forward to seeing the child's face when he unwraps this gorgeous book!