on 12 June 2013
I hope this review can be helpful, especially to anyone who found the same issue as I did. First of all I'd like to say this is a lovely collectible, and the only reason I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 is because whomever worked on the exemplary I received was a bit careless when they put it together. More specifically, the metal cage has a seam which is where the horizontal rings connect, and in the item I received the cage was fixed to the base with that seam at the front, right in front of Hedwig's "face". It looked a bit ugly and frankly it was distracting.

I had to use a lot of strength and the aid of a thin but strong pair of pliers to separate the metal cage from the resin base, as it was securely glued over 2 screws. The only way for the metal cage to come loose was to get one of the screws to break away from the glue, otherwise the cage wouldn't budge. This had to be done extremely sensibly and carefully because the resin base can scratch easily, and if the paint comes off the material underneath is white. My own base will need a small restoration because the whole operation was so tricky.
I seized the opportunity to also un-glue Hedwig and work on the part where it connects to the base, because it wasn't glued very neatly - it was slightly tilted and not properly fitted to the two small holes on the base. If you try to do this yourself know that Hedwig's material is fragile - it appears flexible but can easily break, so whatever you do don't force it. I had a small issue with the perch because of that.

After putting Hedwig back in place and correctly repositioning the metal cage with the seam at the back it makes a lovely collectible! Hedwig looks extremely cute and has a fair amount of detail. The metal cage and the base are quite sturdy and the whole piece has a nice weight to it. A lovely and affordable collectible for any Harry Potter fan and a fine addition to my Harry Potter mini-shrine. If not for the issue I mentioned it would be an absolute 5-stars.
on 13 January 2018
The sticker is a small book of photo's
The owl is in a silver cage, about an inch tall,
It looks good, is very nice to handle.
on 13 April 2018
This made a great stocking filler for my son who is a big Harry Potter fan. It’s only small but looks great on his display.
review image
on 13 February 2018
Great for show as its not a toy. So not great for young kid my daughter 7 she was happy with it for all of 2min then it went on the side and now stay there. Looks great for old fans
on 3 January 2018
Great item niece who is a huge Harry P fan loved it
on 16 March 2018
H/P fan well pleased
on 14 February 2018
V good
on 8 August 2016
As described, quite expensive for what you get but it is Harry Potter and this price everywhere else. Received promptly too.
on 7 November 2014
I bought this to add the the Harry Potter doll I'm making her for christmas, and its absolutely perfect, perfect size.. And I know she'll love it when she sees it, no faults at all (except Royal mail taking four days for a next day delivery!)
on 26 March 2013
This is as small as you'd think but is perfectly formed and well worth it for any avid Harry Potter fan